Re: Hit me with your best shot: tips for multiple cores

I love this, thank you so much!
    ~ Carrie
    Catholic mom to four - ages 9, 7, 5, and 2
    6th year homeschooling, 1st year MP!
    Using 4th for New Users

Comment

Thanks so much for this!! Trying to tuck these away in my memory now before we dive in!
      Resting in Him,
      Sarah Marie
      Homeschooling from the beginning, looking forward to MP next school year!
      DS -2nd
      DS-Kinder
      DD-3yo
      “Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.”
      ~ Augustine

Comment

Hey folks!

One more tip that I don’t think has been brought up and a friend thought should be thrown in too...

Mom’s Reward.
        Most of us, with or without multiple cores, give nearly all of our waking hours to caring for our families. Homeschooling makes this more intense; homeschooling with multiple cores makes this border on insanity! A great motivator for mom can be that one small thing that she does to reward herself at the end of her days, or at the end of her week - not for being perfect, but for simply surviving. My friend looks forward to a glass of wine while she makes dinner on friday; dark chocolate after dinner is my “carrot on a string.” Even stepping outside for a breath of cool air on a calm night will often do the trick. Build it in and make it as much of a routine as everything else!

AMDG,
        Sarah
        2018-2019
        DD 17 - 12th || DS 15 - 10th || DD 13 - 8th || DD 11 - 6th || DD 9 - 4th
        DD 7 - 1st || DD 5 - mix of 1st & JrK || +DS, 2-21-16+ || DS 11 months (and walking!)

Comment

Not necessarily a "multiple core" tip, but we've been printing the Unit Test maps for Geography III as 11 x 17 pages, and it makes things so much easier. I usually print four for each unit to insure plenty of practice.
          Last edited by bean; 04-24-2018, 07:07 PM.
          Bean

DD- 9M with subs

Comment

Working...
          X