Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I took the plunge (yeah for free shipping!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took the plunge (yeah for free shipping!)

I talked to my husband and ended up ordering full cores for my crew.

11 year old daughter will be finishing SC C and then going to SC1
    9 year old boy will be doing Grade 4 for new users
    6 year old twin A will be doing MP 1
    6 year old twin B will be doing MP K

I went ahead and got an extra consumable set for K and 1 since I think they both will need a bit of remediation through parts of K and both will be ready for parts of 1. (Plus they are girls and they love worksheets!) I still plan to teach them separately for phonics, writing, and math.

It's going to be really busy I'm sure. I'm looking forward to getting all of our materials so I can look through everything and figure out how to structure our day so everyone can maximize their time. It seems from the various threads that we'll find our rhythm about 3-4 weeks into our year which I plan to start in April, right after we get moved across the country. I think the discipline of daily school will very settling for us all after all the changes.
    togg_mama // Deut 6:5-6

April 2018: finishing our sixth year of homeschooling, starting first year using MP cores
    DD: SC C // DS MP 4NU // DD MP 1 // DD MP K

Re: I took the plunge (yeah for free shipping!)

Hooray, Adrienne! Box day can be a little overwhelming (in an awesome way), but I hope you are refreshed and renewed to see what you are going to be doing in the months ahead, laid out in all its beauty and organization: good things worth the effort to know.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
    DS Hillsdale College freshman
    DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
    DD 8th • HLN & Home
    DS 5th • HLN & Home
    Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
    Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Yippee! Enjoy Box Day! (It’s like a holiday in our house!). And if you need any help navigating through it all when you get it, remember to pop in here and we can help out that way too!

From one frequent crisis-crosser of the country to a mom in-transit, I am curious: where’s the move taking you? From where to where?

Congrats!
      AMDG,
      Sarah
      2020-2021
      16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
      DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
      DS, 17
      DD, 15
      DD, 13
      DD, 11
      DD, 9
      DD, 7
      +DS+
      DS, 2

Comment

Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
        Yippee! Enjoy Box Day! (It’s like a holiday in our house!). And if you need any help navigating through it all when you get it, remember to pop in here and we can help out that way too!

From one frequent crisis-crosser of the country to a mom in-transit, I am curious: where’s the move taking you? From where to where?

Congrats!
        AMDG,
        Sarah
        Thanks! I'm sure I'll be back to ask for help! Mostly I need to figure out what school supplies to bring from here to there and what to buy when I get there so we're set when we arrive in April!

From the Midwest to the West Coast. It's a move "back home" so to speak. We have been in our current location almost a decade.

April 2018: finishing our sixth year of homeschooling, starting first year using MP cores

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
          Hooray, Adrienne! Box day can be a little overwhelming (in an awesome way), but I hope you are refreshed and renewed to see what you are going to be doing in the months ahead, laid out in all its beauty and organization: good things worth the effort to know.
          Thank you! Thank you also for not saying it will be easy. I know it will be work. I just pray it's a blessing to our family through this season!

ETA: how long will it take the boxes to get here? Trying to plan for which day I need to set aside to unpack and organize it all!

Comment

Originally posted by togg_mama View Post
            Thank you! Thank you also for not saying it will be easy. I know it will be work. I just pray it's a blessing to our family through this season!

ETA: how long will it take the boxes to get here? Trying to plan for which day I need to set aside to unpack and organize it all!
            Where in the Midwest are you? We are just north of Indy and I usually get stuff within 3 days of being shipped. That being said, when your item ships, you will get a tracking number.

P.s., it will not be easy, remember you do not have to check all the boxes! I would consider doing the enrichment from SC1, and only SC1. Also, the Christian Studies. This will reduce your load a bit! I have experience with all SC levels, as do several other moms if you need tips as well! You will find some excellent multi-sensory suggestions in the SC1 phonics. All 3 kiddos (11 year old and 6 year old twins) will greatly benefit from.
            Christine

(2022/2023)
            DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
            DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
            DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
            DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
            DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
            DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Thanks! I'm sure I'll be back to ask for help! Mostly I need to figure out what school supplies to bring from here to there and what to buy when I get there so we're set when we arrive in April!

From the Midwest to the West Coast. It's a move "back home" so to speak. We have been in our current location almost a decade.
              That’s exciting! I hope everything goes well for you! West Coast has not been on our list - but we know the Midwest well. And I would guess just a couple days for the books to come. We have been close to KY and far from it and it does not seem to make much difference. They are pretty speedy on shipping!

AMDG,
              sarah
              2020-2021
              16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
              DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
              DS, 17
              DD, 15
              DD, 13
              DD, 11
              DD, 9
              DD, 7
              +DS+
              DS, 2

Comment

I checked your order: It is shipping today and all of the tracking numbers have been emailed to you!

HTH!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  I checked your order: It is shipping today and all of the tracking numbers have been emailed to you!

HTH!
                  Thank you! I got my order today. I'm amazed at the accuracy of my huge order! Major kudos to your shipping department!

Comment

Thank you! I got my order today. I'm amazed at the accuracy of my huge order! Major kudos to your shipping department!
                    I've passed along your compliment. On behalf of the shipping department, thank you and you're welcome!

Comment

Working...
                    X