Novare Earth Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Novare Earth Science

I'm not seeing a class called MS Science III listed in the MPOA. Rachel is in the MS Science II class this year, using the Tiner books for Bio, Chem, and Phys. I actually emailed Cindy to get a personalized recommendation for her path going forward with math and science.
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Maybe the class was renamed by MPOA? They do teach Earth Science, but that is also the name of the class.
    Yes, sorry, I was clicking through MS I & II to see the content, then found Earth Science, and when I went to type it here out my brain said III even though the class is called Earth Science. Also probably doesn't help that I was trying to administer a spelling test at the same time. :/
    Jodi
    ~~~~~~~
    2019-20 School Year:
    Ethan (7A)
    Matthew (5A)
    Silas (1st)
    Eleanor (4yo dabbling in PK as time allows)
    Andrew (brand new as of Oct 2019)

Comment

Jodi,
      I think you can easily use the Novare Earth Science book. The book is well-written and has great content. Because you are teaching your own children, you can omit or discuss information that you disagree with or that you want your children to see another way. In a school or online class, it may be appropriate to omit some chapters/sections to accommodate and respect the views of different families.
      Cindy Davis
      Science and Math teacher at Highlands Latin School - Indianapolis
      ds-25 college graduate: autodidact, working to pay the bills
      ds-23 college graduate: 1st year med school
      dd-21 college senior: Nursing

Comment

Thanks for the input, Cindy!
        Jodi
        ~~~~~~~
        2019-20 School Year:
        Ethan (7A)
        Matthew (5A)
        Silas (1st)
        Eleanor (4yo dabbling in PK as time allows)
        Andrew (brand new as of Oct 2019)

Comment

Working...
        X