Best Subjects for nap time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Subjects for nap time?

I have an hour and a half while my two year old sleeps for school. What subjects would you do during nap time?
    Abel (9) MP 4/ Lydia 7.5) MP A3/ James (6) First Start Reading and Rod and Staff 1/ Micah (4)/ Nathanael (2)/ Silas Born 7/13/2019

Re: Best Subjects for nap time?

What subjects are most difficult for your two oldest?
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
    D · 8th
    D · 5th
    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
      What subjects are most difficult for your two oldest?
      Good Question. I have been doing 2nd grade Lit and enrichment during nap time, but I am thinking I need to utilize it better now that my middles aren't playing outside as much in the morning. I think I will keep literature there. Math is pretty independent for them; they do that first thing.
      Abel (9) MP 4/ Lydia 7.5) MP A3/ James (6) First Start Reading and Rod and Staff 1/ Micah (4)/ Nathanael (2)/ Silas Born 7/13/2019

Comment

I would say definitely keep the "family friendly" things like enrichment (picture books, poetry, read alouds, bible read aloud, music, etc.) for when everyone is awake. You can even do most of this in one afternoon if you want to just do it in one large block. The literature portion for second will need your direct help. Probably the same for the phonics/reading for the first grader. Math seems to be squared away.

Could you have a "nap basket" that you put on your regular homeschool table? As you go through morning work simply place in it items that need quiet and focused attention with mom, then pull it out in the afternoon? Also, remember you can assign certain tasks within subjects to be done without (or with less direct) supervision. As the year progresses, you can begin to identify these especially for your second grader. They should be able to copy their spelling words without you, for example.

Any of this sound helpful?
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
        @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
        S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
        D · 8th
        D · 5th
        S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Working...