Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Prayer Request

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post
    Love you, sweet pea. Will continue to lift y'all up.

Your grace under pressure is always an inspiration. I'd be petulant, stomping my feet and cussing.
    *Snort!*

I know you would, hon. But that’s why I love you. <3
    “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Wonder Boy 14 ... MP5 + R&S Math 6
    Joy Bubble 12 ... MP5 full core
    Cowboy 10 ... MP5 + R&S Math 4
    Sassafras 6 ... MP1
    All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Originally posted by serendipitous journey View Post
      Anita, prayers and hugs. I am so glad for the grace of God seen in your family, and am praying for a better situation.
      *HUGGGGGGG* Thank you so much!
      “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
      Sassafras 6 ... MP1
      All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Anita! Oh no! Am just seeing this and feeling terrible for not knowing (and thus not acknowledging/asking how you're doing) during a very casual/lighthearted exchange with you earlier today. *bangs head on keyboard*

Sending so many prayers your way. Yes, God is good and He is so much bigger than even our biggest earthly problem. That being said, it is so difficult sometimes to keep the faith or to be merciful/kind/patient with those who cause strife, even if it's out of their control. God bless your husband for his ability to be an absolute gentleman in a time when it's almost de rigueur to flame a company for something like this on social media. God bless you for maintaining calm at home in the midst of this latest upheaval.

***HUGS***
        Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
        DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
        DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Originally posted by OrthodoxHandmaiden View Post
          Anita! Oh no! Am just seeing this and feeling terrible for not knowing (and thus not acknowledging/asking how you're doing) during a very casual/lighthearted exchange with you earlier today. *bangs head on keyboard*

Sending so many prayers your way. Yes, God is good and He is so much bigger than even our biggest earthly problem. That being said, it is so difficult sometimes to keep the faith or to be merciful/kind/patient with those who cause strife, even if it's out of their control. God bless your husband for his ability to be an absolute gentleman in a time when it's almost de rigueur to flame a company for something like this on social media. God bless you for maintaining calm at home in the midst of this latest upheaval.

***HUGS***
          *chuckle* It’s okay! I always know that once you see a post (from any of us, not just me) that you’ll respond with love and helpfulness. Everyone basically knows that’s the way you’re wired. No apologies necessary.

Thanks for the hugs, prayers and loves. That’s why I trust the Forum: it’s like having 112 moms to hug and tell me it’s all going to be okay.

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
          Sassafras 6 ... MP1
          All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Originally posted by Anita View Post
            *chuckle* It’s okay! I always know that once you see a post (from any of us, not just me) that you’ll respond with love and helpfulness. Everyone basically knows that’s the way you’re wired. No apologies necessary.
            I had to chuckle at this. My dh lost his job unexpectedly and in a pretty awful manner a few years back. I was, uh, not quite as composed as you are (but I was able to keep most of my negative thoughts safely locked in my head). Upon hearing the news, oldest DD was appropriately remorseful and gave Daddy a big hug. Dear son, however, turned bright red and shouted, "THOSE JERKS!". (FYI, "jerk" is a bad word in our house, lest you think we just walk around spouting expletives.)

My thoughts mirrored my son's when I read your post. It took me a few minutes to think of something appropriate and loving to say. <3
            Last edited by Mary; 06-25-2018, 09:38 PM. Reason: whoops - edited out part of a sentence!
            Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
            DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
            DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Originally posted by OrthodoxHandmaiden View Post
              I had to chuckle at this. My dh lost his job unexpectedly and in a pretty awful manner a few years back. I was, uh, not quite as composed as you are (but I was able to keep most of my negative thoughts safely locked in my head). Upon hearing the news, oldest DD was appropriately remorseful and gave Daddy a big hug. Dear son, however, turned bright red and shouted, "THOSE JERKS!". (FYI, "jerk" is a bad word in our house, lest you think we just walk around spouting expletives.)

My thoughts mirrored my son's when I read your post. It took me a few minutes to think of something appropriate and loving to say. <3
              I love this <3

Honestly, as I finally got over the shock and understood that my husband wasn’t playing some really cruel prank on me, I cried. Not for me, for him. “I’m so sorry. I’m so, so sorry...” I just felt SO awful for my poor husband. He has been so prudent in how we made this whole transition, and he’s worked SO HARD since he was laid off in October 2017 and then since mid-January. 60 — sometimes 70 — hours a week, away from home, not eating, coming in early, leaving late. We moved 1400 miles away from our friends and family; we took a 30k pay cut just to be employed. But Hubby was so hopeful and positive that this role could grow into something productive and yield a great outlet for his talent, innovation and vision. And then...

I likened it to someone coming into my home, shadowing me throughout my week of homeschooling, parenting, cooking, cleaning and striving — and then saying, “We’ve decided that you’re utter rubbish at this and we are taking your children and putting them in public school. You may interact with them only on weekends and holidays. Everyone here likes you, but we all agree you’re terrible at your job.” So all I could do was cry. I wanted to shield him from that cruelty. It was crushing.

But anyway — none of that is true. It’s all just poison from the pit of hell. So we refuse to believe it. And we walk in grace and mercy instead of fear and condemnation.

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
              Sassafras 6 ... MP1
              All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Still praying for you and your family. Any updates?
                --Amanda

DD1 - 6th
                DD2 - 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by hackberryhill View Post
                  Still praying for you and your family. Any updates?
                  Thank you!

We are getting by, one step at a time. We have Medicaid, but are still working on food assistance . We are going to the parish food bank again in a few days. My husband has a three-week contract job that starts next week, which should pay a few bills. We are putting the kids in a local public charter school (that teaches on a very similar model to classical education). And I am sticking my toe in remote copywriting work (since I will be home with the toddler while everyone else is out at work and school).

I am beyond grateful for the prayers and spontaneous gifts we have received from you all here on the MP Forums. The Lord has blessed us with such generous members who totally understand what it’s like to suffer. The outpouring has made me cry tears of joy more than once!

My husband has a great lead on a very promising job coming up. Please, please pray that this is “the one”! And please let me know how I can pray for you. <3

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
                  Sassafras 6 ... MP1
                  All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Originally posted by Anita View Post
                    Thank you!

We are getting by, one step at a time. We have Medicaid, but are still working on food assistance . We are going to the parish food bank again in a few days. My husband has a three-week contract job that starts next week, which should pay a few bills. We are putting the kids in a local public charter school (that teaches on a very similar model to classical education). And I am sticking my toe in remote copywriting work (since I will be home with the toddler while everyone else is out at work and school).

I am beyond grateful for the prayers and spontaneous gifts we have received from you all here on the MP Forums. The Lord has blessed us with such generous members who totally understand what it’s like to suffer. The outpouring has made me cry tears of joy more than once!

My husband has a great lead on a very promising job coming up. Please, please pray that this is “the one”! And please let me know how I can pray for you. <3
                    I will definitely be praying that this job opportunity works out. Having a husband without a job is such a hard thing.

If you would like to, you could pray that I have more grace in dealing with my daughter this school year. I am both looking forward to and dreading the start of school. My daughter has decided she doesn’t like school because it is hard and boring. I’m having a hard time being patient with her. I know she has a hard time concentrating on things that she doesn’t want to concentrate on and I’m not sure if it is due to a bad attitude or my impatience or an actual learning problem.

Wow, I don’t want to hijack this thread...

Once again I am praying for you. God is good!
                    --Amanda

DD1 - 6th
                    DD2 - 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by hackberryhill View Post
                      I will definitely be praying that this job opportunity works out. Having a husband without a job is such a hard thing.

If you would like to, you could pray that I have more grace in dealing with my daughter this school year. I am both looking forward to and dreading the start of school. My daughter has decided she doesn’t like school because it is hard and boring. I’m having a hard time being patient with her. I know she has a hard time concentrating on things that she doesn’t want to concentrate on and I’m not sure if it is due to a bad attitude or my impatience or an actual learning problem.

Wow, I don’t want to hijack this thread...

Once again I am praying for you. God is good!
                      It’s not hijacking if you’re asked to get on the plane.

Dear Jesus,

Another year is drawing close. Amanda and her daughter are preparing to start school. Tensions are high. Amanda is worried. She’s put her heart and soul in to educating her daughter because, as You know, she loves her with the eternal love of a Mother. Don’t let fear gain a foothold in this relationship, Jesus. Don’t let resentment dig in and bury itself like a mine. Root it out, Lord. Make the way clear, smooth and peaceful. Give Amanda hope, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and self control. Renew her Mother’s heart and her daughter’s soul and let this school year be a new beginning for greater things to come.

We bless Your holy Name and give You all the glory for being our King, our Redeemer, our Suffering Servant, our Precious One — born in a manger — and our Mighty God. We adore You, Jesus, and we bless You, for by Your Holy Cross You have redeemed the world.

Amen.

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
                      Sassafras 6 ... MP1
                      All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Hey y’all!

Quick request for prayers: today is the first day of school! I have everyone’s uniforms laid out and snacks in backpacks. The kids should be getting up in a few minutes to start their new adventure at charter school. Can we count on your prayers for a good school year? In particular, we need prayers that my children will do well academically but also socially. I really want them to make sweet friends this year who are kind and diligent and Christlike. This is not too far a stretch, given the character of the school and its aims. But I still worry, as a mom who has worked so hard with her children their entire lives, that they will be in the company of like-minded peers. Please also pray for my oldest to pay attention, behave well and not let his attitude get him in trouble. He’s my biggest wild card in this whole endeavor.

I’d also be incredibly grateful if you’d pray for my husband. He is in the beginning stages of a three-week contract job, but has two interviews for two different positions (Wednesday and Friday). Please pray that both interviews go well and that God’s will be done for our permanent employment. Ask God to give my husband grace and favor for whatever role he is destined to play.

Thank you all so, so much for your support, love and incredible empathy for our family as we sort out this next phase of our family adventure. I pray for your needs daily.

~Anita

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
                        Sassafras 6 ... MP1
                        All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Working...
                        X