X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Prayer Request

Thanks, everyone, for your continued prayers. They mean so much to us. <3

Originally posted by hackberryhill View Post
    Oh Anita, I’m so sorry! I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. How very frustrating that unemployment can be denied like that. When my husband lost his job nearly 2 years ago, it was such a stressful thing. We chose not to do Cobra because we couldn’t afford it. Thankfully we were able to get unemployment. It took 4 months, but God gave my husband another job. I pray that your husband will find something much quicker. May the God of peace grant you peace as you rest in Him.
    Thank you.

The irony of COBRA is: you “have to have it” so you don’t have a gap in coverage. But it’s so expensive to get and so expensive to use, if you *can* afford it, you can’t afford to use it! The deductible is CRAZY high. So... why have it in he first place?! It’s a total Wheel of Crazy.
    “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Wonder Boy 14 ... MP5 + R&S Math 6
    Joy Bubble 12 ... MP5 full core
    Cowboy 10 ... MP5 + R&S Math 4
    Sassafras 6 ... MP1
    All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Originally posted by Anita View Post
      Thanks, everyone, for your continued prayers. They mean so much to us. <3

Thank you.

The irony of COBRA is: you “have to have it” so you don’t have a gap in coverage. But it’s so expensive to get and so expensive to use, if you *can* afford it, you can’t afford to use it! The deductible is CRAZY high. So... why have it in he first place?! It’s a total Wheel of Crazy.
      We decided it was worth whatever fine we would accrue by not having coverage. It ended up working out that there was no fine to pay because of how little my husband earned that year. The irony for us is that we applied for Medicaid and then never heard back. The following year we were told we were enrolled, but at that point it was unnecessary. I guess there had been some sort of clerical error and the wrong year was put on the paperwork. The government systems can be so helpful, but the craziness can be overwhelming.
      --Amanda

DD1 - 6th
      DD2 - 3rd

Comment

We decided it was worth whatever fine we would accrue by not having coverage. It ended up working out that there was no fine to pay because of how little my husband earned that year. The irony for us is that we applied for Medicaid and then never heard back. The following year we were told we were enrolled, but at that point it was unnecessary. I guess there had been some sort of clerical error and the wrong year was put on the paperwork. The government systems can be so helpful, but the craziness can be overwhelming.
        Speaking of:
        Let me address anyone who has ever been or is currently on government assistance — I get it. No guilt, no shame, no stigma. A close family member has been on and off government assistance for years, through absolutely no fault of her own. She is currently on it (again) along with her five children. I think I was quite Ebeneezer Scrooge-like in my younger years regarding the welfare system. (“Aren’t there workhouses for the poor? Let them sleep there and be done with it!”) But as an adult, watching her be abandoned again and again by an unstable husband, whilst trying to keep her kids healthy, in the church, safe and fed — AND homeschooling one of her sons who has special needs — I’m ashamed of my former state of mind regarding “the kind of person” who goes on welfare. It’s not a perfect system, and there are CERTAINLY people who abuse it, but I’m happy to pay taxes for it. We will avail ourselves of it if it comes to that. And we won’t feel the least bit badly.
        “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
        Sassafras 6 ... MP1
        All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Anita,

Are there any updates to report? You are in my prayers.
          --Amanda

DD1 - 6th
          DD2 - 3rd

Comment

Anita,

Are there any updates to report? You are in my prayers.
            Bless you, Amanda. I was just thinking of coming here. You’ve made it easier.

Hubby had a GREAT interview process with a company he really, really liked. Found out today that they’re going to pass. No idea why. They had him drive from VA to PA, spend 6 hours in interviews, asked him how he felt about relocating — the works. No indication that they were anything but thrilled. ... NOPE. Back to the drawing board.

Today marks 8 weeks with no job; we don’t qualify for unemployment; Christmas is two weeks away and our nest egg is shrinking. It’s tense.

My husband is IMMENSELY qualified. He’s a United States Air Force Academy alumni; a Master Black Belt in Six Sigma; a certified L.E.A.N. master; he has almost 25 years of domestic and international experience in quality engineering, logistics and Q&P; he interviews well; he’s engaging, well-spoken, knowledgeable, helpful, funny, direct. His transition manager (basically a “new job” manager) said he’s got the best resume she’s seen in ten years. His skills are in demand. But after 2 dozen applications, we still have nothing to show for it (except some really nice head shots and 450 new connections on LinkedIn). It’s wearing on my sweet, generous Hubby. His gratitude is high but his morale is low. And we have four kids, two cats, a dog and a mortgage. Something’s gotta give.

God is working in this — I see that. He doesn’t ever close doors this firmly unless He really wants to steer you another way. Right now, it’s looking like the entire East Coast is closed. That could mean another long distance move. It could, depending on the circumstances, mean putting our kids in school as well.

I am, oddly, not worried. I don’t know if that’s faith or denial, honestly. But I’m not. We will do what we have to do and we’ll be fine, whatever comes. But could y’all pray for that to be a great, fulfilling, good paying job?

I’m fasting and praying intermittently for this and all the other needs of this Advent season. So your needs are covered within that. Thank you for every Please Lord and every Amen. We truly appreciate it.

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
            Sassafras 6 ... MP1
            All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Anita,

I just sent you a PM. Don't know if you get automatic notification.
              Dorinda

Plans for 2022-2023
              16th year homeschooling, 13th year with Memoria Press
              DD College Sophomore
              DS 11th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata, MPOA Divine Comedy
              DS 9th grade - Vita Beata Literature/Classical Studies
              DS 4th grade - 4A with Right Start F, Second Form Latin, AAS 5

Comment

Anita,
                I hope this season of waiting will wrap up for your family soon. We tried hard to stay out east too, but no such luck. I hope wherever you land, you will find joy in God's providence. Still praying...,

AMDG,
                Sarah
                2020-2021
                16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
                DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
                DS, 17
                DD, 15
                DD, 13
                DD, 11
                DD, 9
                DD, 7
                +DS+
                DS, 2

Comment

The Lord delivers. As do our prayers to Him.

After three months of unemployment, we finally got the confirmation call today: an offer is forthcoming next week. We will be doing some East Coast work in Pennsylvania for a few months, after which we will be relocating totally to Denver, CO. The job is ideal for my husband and (so far) we are assured that the salary and benefits will be as well.

Thank you SO MUCH for your past and continued prayers. You all are in my thanksgiving prayers of praise!

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
                  Sassafras 6 ... MP1
                  All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Praise the Lord! God is so good!
                    --Amanda

DD1 - 6th
                    DD2 - 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by Anita View Post
                      The Lord delivers. As do our prayers to Him.

After three months of unemployment, we finally got the confirmation call today: an offer is forthcoming next week. We will be doing some East Coast work in Pennsylvania for a few months, after which we will be relocating totally to Denver, CO. The job is ideal for my husband and (so far) we are assured that the salary and benefits will be as well.

Thank you SO MUCH for your past and continued prayers. You all are in my thanksgiving prayers of praise!
                      Praise be to God! <3

Does this mean you and Colomama can hang out?
                      Plans for 2022-23

Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
                      DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, looking at dual credit - equestrian and theatre
                      DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
                      DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis -auditory processing disorder
                      DD5 - 10- 5A, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian and tumbling
                      DS6 - 9 - MP 1 - home with momma

Comment

Praise God from whom all blessings flow....

Will turn my prayers of petition into thanksgiving for you! Please keep us posted of anything further, but this is such wonderful news - and at such a joyous time. A continued Merry Christmas to you!

AMDG,
                        Sarah
                        2020-2021
                        16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
                        DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
                        DS, 17
                        DD, 15
                        DD, 13
                        DD, 11
                        DD, 9
                        DD, 7
                        +DS+
                        DS, 2

Comment

Who-hoo! We are so hanging out sister!

Drop me a line and we can chat house hunting neighborhod pointers when it comes time.

All the more reason for MP Sodalitas - West Coast to get started😎
                          DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
                          DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
                          DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
                          Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
                          Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Comment

Anita!! I'm so glad to hear this news! Thank you God for this answer to so many prayers.
                            And what a bonus that you'll be near Michelle...let the planning begin. You two are perfect partners in crime. <3
                            Festina lentē,
                            Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
                            DS Hillsdale College freshman
                            DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
                            DD 8th • HLN & Home
                            DS 5th • HLN & Home
                            Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
                            Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Y’all crack me up. (And melt my little cracked heart )

Hubby has ties to CO — Air Force Academy and then a job in the same area once he was out of the service (in the dot.com era, long before we met). This Fall is his 25th reunion at the Academy so he’ll have a nice story to tell (“full circle” and all that).

Michelle:
                              How hard do you think it would be for us to drag seven children through the entirety of The Garden of the Gods? Hubby and I went there on vacation (pre-kids) and we still have the gorgeous pictures to sigh over. We also did Pike’s Peak, the Denver Zoo and a Rocky Mountain tour ride (including the worlds best burrito and a chalk board menu with — ahem — “oysters” on it). I am STOKED to get back to CO. It’s dream country for me.

Two things, though:
                              1) We are worried about the legalized mary-jane. I think that will put my teeth on edge every time I see, smell or encounter any place that sells it. I also worry about people driving under the influence. Tips? Reassurances?
                              2) Are there rattlesnakes? Scorpions? Critters my Southern Belle DNA would freak out over?

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
                              Sassafras 6 ... MP1
                              All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
                                Thanks for inviting us in to this place of need so that we can walk with you through it AND see you to the other side. There is always another side, you just have to be friends long enough to watch it through to the redemption parts.

Big hugs, sister.
                                I love how Jessica said this. How many times we’ve gotten to the other side!! God is so good, I’m joining in prayer and excited to watch how He chooses to land your feet on new firm ground!

Blessings sister!!
                                -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
                                2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
                                Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X