Aussies from Sydney, Australia
    Miriam 10yo
    Jonathan 8yo
    Elissa 5yo
    Thomas 2yo
    Caleb 2 months

Comment

Re: OT: Prayer Request

Late on this one! I missed this! I'm so sorry to hear this! Lots of prayers for you and your family!
      Christine

(2022/2023)
      DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
      DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
      DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Praying for your family! What a scary time this must be. I pray that you will always continue to be a woman of faith, I pray that the Lord will bless your family and see you through.
        Cathy aka The Attached Mama
        2019-2020
        DS 12, 7th Grade
        DD 11, 6th Grade
        DS 5, K

Comment

Originally posted by Anita View Post
          Mother Angelica story to share, when she was in the beginning stages as foundress of EWTN — and broke. Every time Mother would get a bill she couldn’t pay, she’d take it to the convent chapel, lay it on the altar, and say (basically), “Mail for You, Lord. Here Y’go.” She figured: God had called her, He would supply the necessities. And He did, in a very big way.
          I happen to visit Mother's chapel almost every day. I'll certainly pray for you there, and I can leave some mail there too, if you need. *Hugs*
          Amanda - Mama to three crazy boys, teacher at St. Dominic Latin (FFL, TFL, 4FL, Traditional Logic 1&2), Memoria College student

2021-2022
          9th grade - a mix of MPOA, Vita Beata, Lukeion, and AOPS
          8th grade - 8M with modifications
          4th grade - 4A

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Prayers, Anita, for you and your family.
            Brit - Catholic homeschooling mom to 5 - 3 big boys ('01, '03, and '06), daughter ('10 - Down syndrome), and one more boy ('15 - always wound up, and non-stop movement and noise)

Comment

Hi Anita,

I'm so sorry you are facing this! I apologize I'm a bit late to the game here, as I try to catch up on the Forum. This can be so unsettling. My hubby lost his job in CA this exact same time of year back in 2008, sent off with no severance after 11 years of managing the business. They paid him up to the day he worked and that was it! And so our health insurance ran out the end of the month that November and COBRA was $1200 per month starting in December. By late January we were on our one-way flights to VA for my husband's new job without a dime to our name. We stayed in the basement of some friends of friends .....and, well, the stories are just too much to share here about all the many miraculous ways the Lord provided for us.

These are the times we are so dependent on Him, ever more so, and He reveals how very much He is the Good Shepherd. We cling to Him, and draw ever more closely to Him and our little, sweet family unit. Sounds like you guys have yourselves well positioned with no debt, and simple living. Kudos to you! Keep life simple and watch Him continue to reveal His goodness.....and you'll be singing His praises from the rooftops, beautiful Anita! You will. I assure you of my prayers for provision. I can't wait to hear the end of the story.

Hugs, from not too far away,

SusanP

Comment

Prayers for your family!
                Christina

Comment

Continued prayers, please.

Unemployment has been denied. The package offered to my husband at his termination was either a lower position at lesser pay or a lump sum severance. We took severance (because the former was just laughable). So we legally do not have grounds for unemployment benefits. Which is likely what their HR department had counted on. Just in time for Christmas! (yay)

This did not just affect us. There are several other veteran employees who were put in the same position. One family was hit with a double layoff. Both husband and wife were 20+ year employees and they were both shown the door within a day of each other. This is a heartless company. Although they are a Fortune 500 company, it is clear from their financials and their decision-making history that they are either headed for acquisition or bankruptcy (or a combination of both).

Regardless — prayers! Here’s my new favorite anthem: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbRHq9MsQOs
                  I hope it lifts someone else up. We are not alone. I know that.

Thanks, y’all. Much, much love.
                  Last edited by Anita; 11-13-2017, 01:58 PM.
                  “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
                  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                  Wonder Boy 14 ... MP5 + R&S Math 6
                  Joy Bubble 12 ... MP5 full core
                  Cowboy 10 ... MP5 + R&S Math 4
                  Sassafras 6 ... MP1
                  All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Oh, Anita. I am so sorry about this. I never would have thought about unemployment being affected based on the decision you made, but they should have disclosed this information to you!

Still praying.

Tanya

Comment

Oh Anita! More prayers!
                      Brit - Catholic homeschooling mom to 5 - 3 big boys ('01, '03, and '06), daughter ('10 - Down syndrome), and one more boy ('15 - always wound up, and non-stop movement and noise)

Comment

Praying for you and your family. Hugs!
                        Joyfully, Courtney
                        DS14, DS12, DS11, DD9

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and your family.
                          Catherine

Dd - 13 - 8A
                          Dd - 11 - 6A

Comment

That is terrible news. We will pray too.

Comment

Oh boy Anita. I'm very sorry. I will definitely be praying for you guys.
                              Susan

2021-2022
                              A (13) - Simply Classical 7/8
                              C (12) - Simply Classical 7/8
                              G (8) - Simply Classical 1

Comment

Oh Anita, I’m so sorry! I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. How very frustrating that unemployment can be denied like that. When my husband lost his job nearly 2 years ago, it was such a stressful thing. We chose not to do Cobra because we couldn’t afford it. Thankfully we were able to get unemployment. It took 4 months, but God gave my husband another job. I pray that your husband will find something much quicker. May the God of peace grant you peace as you rest in Him.
                                --Amanda

DD1 - 6th
                                DD2 - 3rd

Comment

Working...
                                X