Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting Cottage School and need advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Cottage School and need advice!

Hello! My daughter attended HLS school full time and is transitioning to the Cottage School. Everything has happened very quickly. She already has the books she will need, at least most of them. My question is: do I need Teacher Guides for each of her subjects? Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Starting Cottage School and need advice!

Welcome! I assume you are doing the Spring Meadows location? If yes, you'll need guidance from them specifically. In Nashville we do have parents own all teaching materials for all classes. This helps when parents need to assist with work at home as well as when the student is absent from cottage school and misses the lessons! Plus, each teacher manual contains valuable information about the content of the subject.

Best wishes on your new schooling arrangement! If you are now transitioning to homeschooling, please consider joining us at the summer training, Sodalitas Gathering, in July.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2020-2021
    11th year HSing · 9th year MP
    @ Home, HLN, & Latin online
    11th, 9th, 6th, 3rd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Hello.

You will need the teacher guides for the cottage school. Just email ryan@memoriapress.com, and he will make sure you get the books you need.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by kbnico View Post
        Hello! My daughter attended HLS school full time and is transitioning to the Cottage School. Everything has happened very quickly. She already has the books she will need, at least most of them. My question is: do I need Teacher Guides for each of her subjects? Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!
        Welcome to the Cottage School community! <3

Ryan has done a wonderful job of encouraging the families in the CS division here locally. There are coffee meetups, park days (next one is this Wed --- but not sure where), Open Gyms, etc. We have students in the CS (4th year and love it), as well as HLS full time.

Want to PM me? I have a daughter in the 6th grade classes (TFL, FMoG, etc)
        Plans for 2020-21

Year 10 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 25 - Small Business owner with a STOREFRONT
        DD2 - 14 - 9th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA - equestrian
        DS3 - 12 - 5A Cottage School - soccer
        DS4 - 12 - 5A Cottage School -soccer
        DD5 - 8 - 3A, Cottage School -equestrian and Irish dance
        DS6 - 6 - MP K - home with Momma

Comment

Working...
        X