Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introducing MP Communities

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
    Thanks! Not that it matters since I'm still all by myself in SoCal...but I hope that will change!
    I hope so too! It's so fun to see all of you on the map. I'm "waving" from Louisville and looking forward to seeing the map fill in as more and more of you all connect

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      I hope so too! It's so fun to see all of you on the map. I'm "waving" from Louisville and looking forward to seeing the map fill in as more and more of you all connect
      Me too, even if I have to wave at a distance for now ;-) I'm really excited to see how it will grow as more register!
      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
      ds 25, graduated
      dd 11th Grade
      dd 8th Grade
      ds 6th Grade

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
        What does it do if there is more than one listing for the same zip code? Will they both show?
        Great question, Cheryl. If there are multiple contacts within the same zip (which I sure hope to be the case!), a list will appear when that point is selected. In other words, yes, they will all show!

Comment

This is such a wonderful feature! I am hoping that some more pins pop up in my area. I'm all alone at the moment. Although, I did see a mom with an MP canvas bag the other day and my excitement may have worried her a bit. Haha!! Thankfully I already know her, and our kids are friends (although hers are older), but I had no idea they used MP.
          ~Michelle

DD 13 (MP 8 - 4FL and Ref/Con through MPOA)
          DS 11 (MP 6 w/MPOA)
          DS 5 - MP K (My first Kindergartner with MP!!!)
          DD 2 - Board Books and Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by rweston View Post
            Great question, Cheryl. If there are multiple contacts within the same zip (which I sure hope to be the case!), a list will appear when that point is selected. In other words, yes, they will all show!
            Thanks :-) At first I thought Michael lied to me (just kidding Michael, LOL), but then I clicked on it and saw the list. Now I'll click on my now and then to see if anyone besides me comes up!
            Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
            ds 25, graduated
            dd 11th Grade
            dd 8th Grade
            ds 6th Grade

Comment

This is exciting watching the map fill up. I am from New Zealand and the post code I put in has put me in Brazil. Is there anyway there anyway this can be corrected? Anyway hello from New Zealand and I hope I may find another MP family down here.
              Prue

2017-2018

DS: 34 yr. old
              DS: 32 yr. old
              DD: 29 yr. old
              DS: 10 yr. old, MP 4

Comment

I just checked the map, again, and discovered another user this.close. Seriously, there's someone out here in the sticks with me. I'm stoked.

I sent a mesage. Hopefully she doesn't think I'm a total wierdo...

"Hi, I'm a total stranger that uses the same curriculum. Yay! I'm not a weirdo, I promise" (no, that wasn't my message, but hoping it didn't come across like that). Ha
                DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
                DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
                DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
                Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
                Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Comment

Hello, Prue, and welcome! I'm sure they'll get you sorted. My sweet sister is in Japan and can't enter her location correctly either. I know there is one (maybe two?) gal among us in Australia. It's not the same body of land, but at least it's in the same quadrant of the earth. Hoping with you for some connections!
                  Festina lentē,
                  Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
                  DS 12th • HLN, Latin online, DE math/sci - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
                  DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
                  DD 7th • HLN & Home
                  DS 4th • HLN & Home
                  Me • Memoria College, this summer: MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching TFL and co-directing @
                  Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Colomama View Post
                    I just checked the map, again, and discovered another user this.close. Seriously, there's someone out here in the sticks with me. I'm stoked.

I sent a mesage. Hopefully she doesn't think I'm a total wierdo...

"Hi, I'm a total stranger that uses the same curriculum. Yay! I'm not a weirdo, I promise" (no, that wasn't my message, but hoping it didn't come across like that). Ha
                    I SAW THAT! I was so excited for you, too! (Even if you are a weirdo )
                    “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
                    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                    Wonder Boy 14 ...MP4 + R&S 5 Math
                    Joy Bubble 12 ...MP4
                    Cowboy 9 ...MP4 + R&S Math 3
                    Sassafras 5 ...MPK

Comment

Originally posted by Motmum View Post
                      This is exciting watching the map fill up. I am from New Zealand and the post code I put in has put me in Brazil. Is there anyway there anyway this can be corrected? Anyway hello from New Zealand and I hope I may find another MP family down here.
                      Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
                      Hello, Prue, and welcome! I'm sure they'll get you sorted. My sweet sister is in Japan and can't enter her location correctly either. I know there is one (maybe two?) gal among us in Australia. It's not the same body of land, but at least it's in the same quadrant of the earth. Hoping with you for some connections!
                      Prue,

This first version of the automatic online form only works with valid USPS zip codes, hence your pin being incorrectly placed in Brazil. However, we definitely want to include our international community as well! Please email [email protected] with your name, country, and zip code equivalent, and we'll manually add you.

Anyone else overseas can also email Ryan, so please have your sister send an email too, Jessica!

Comment

I'm ALONE!!

Comment

Ryan,

Thank you! I have already had someone contact me and asking about what community options are available! I am excited to see the connections and community of MP grow!

Heidi
                          Heidi

For 2021-22
                          dd- 6th
                          ds- 3rd
                          dd- 1st
                          ds- adding smiles and distractions

Comment

I thought OrthodoxMomof7 and I were the only ones in our area (and by "area", I mean we live an hour apart). Wow! Texans galore! Yee-haw!

I got a case of the warm fuzzies seeing all those balloons around the NJ/greater NYC area. When my two oldest were little ones, I was the ONLY homeschooling mother I knew (and teaching Latin just made me extra weird with a cherry on top) - so happy to see so many MP users out there now! <3
                            Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
                            DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
                            DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Just checked the Big Map: the only continents MP hasn’t touched are Africa and Antarctica. 😎
                              “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
                              ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                              Wonder Boy 14 ...MP4 + R&S 5 Math
                              Joy Bubble 12 ...MP4
                              Cowboy 9 ...MP4 + R&S Math 3
                              Sassafras 5 ...MPK

Comment

Originally posted by Anita View Post
                                Just checked the Big Map: the only continents MP hasn’t touched are Africa and Antarctica. 😎
                                I know there is at least one distributor in South Africa who carries our products, so there are definitely MP users in Africa even if they are not on the MP Communities map (yet )

Comment

Working...
                                X