Second Grade Enrichment -Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Grade Enrichment -Music

I'm looking through my 2nd grade curriculum manual (purchased in January 2017) and it appears that the music selections don't line up with the music selections in the "Music Enrichment" book that I purchased at the same time. Am I missing something?

For example, in week 5 of the 2nd grade curriculum guide the Read Aloud is "The Ant and the Elephant," the art is "Elephant, Horse and Cow," and the music is "Movement V the Elephants." This all makes great sense until you open the 2nd grade Enrichment Guide to week 5 which tells you to use the Music Enrichment Guide to discuss "Also Sprach Zarathustra." ?!?!
    A. So many guides.
    B. Which is correct?

Re: Second Grade Enrichment -Music

Both are correct. (Huh?)

Use either the Second Grade lesson plans musical selection with the Second Grade Enrichment guide (here: https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...de-enrichment/)

Or cross out the musical selection for the week in the Second Grade Lesson Plans and Second Grade Enrichment Guide and use the Muscial Enrichment as a stand alone instead (here:
    https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...ic-enrichment/)

Why? The Second Grade portion of the Music Enrichment (which covers K-2) will be lined up with the Second Grade Lesson Plans soon. But it hasn’t been yet. So as of now, if you don’t know this, it’s exactly as confused as you are when you try to use the Second Grade Lesson Plans with the Music Enrichment Guide. (Aka You’re not crazy. It’s really not lined up.)

Does that make sense?
    “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Boy Wonder 13 ...SC7/8 + MP4 + Rod & Staff 4/5 + Seton 5
    Joy Bubble 11 ...SC7/8 + MP4 + Rod & Staff 4/5 + Seton 5
    Cuddly Cowboy 9 ...SC7/8 + MP4 + Rod & Staff 3/4/5 + Seton 4
    Sassafras 5 ...MPK + Seton K

Comment

Anita,

Thank you for clearing that up so perfectly! The January 2017 Manual was not yet corrected to match the new Music Enrichment Guide for K-2. So, alihuyoung, you are definitely not going crazy. You have access to both the old selections and the new!

Blessings,
      Michelle T

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle T View Post
        Anita,

Thank you for clearing that up so perfectly! The January 2017 Manual was not yet corrected to match the new Music Enrichment Guide for K-2. So, alihuyoung, you are definitely not going crazy. You have access to both the old selections and the new!

Blessings,
        Michelle T
        Ah ha! It all makes sense now. Well, as much as 2 different music selections can

Thanks, ladies!

Comment

Working...
        X