Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 Questions Over Here

Originally posted by momgineer View Post
    Pretty sure MP had black and white Famous Men, Michael. I own some. They look just like the new ones but the pictures are black and white. I'm thinking it was like 7-8 years ago that you added color. I remember because I bought all new ones to get color. This was way before you had core grade packages.
    Whew, 8 years ago I was just starting sophomore year of college! I'll have to dig into the archive on Monday and look up these legendary black and white MP Famous Men books

Beth, I apologize if I misinformed you. The copyright page of your book will tell you who published it. Feel free to email a picture of the cover/copyright page or the ISBN number to [email protected] if you want help confirming.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Whew, 8 years ago I was just starting sophomore year of college! I'll have to dig into the archive on Monday and look up these legendary black and white MP Famous Men books

Beth, I apologize if I misinformed you. The copyright page of your book will tell you who published it. Feel free to email a picture of the cover/copyright page or the ISBN number to [email protected] if you want help confirming.
      Well it looks like mine was when you were graduating high school! It says copyright 2005 Memoria Press Thank you for the info Michael! Maybe I can just get the colored one when we order our 5th grade core next year. My oldest is doing Intro to Classical Studies this year to get caught up for before her 7th grade core, she really doesn't seem to mind the B&W.

Beth
      Beth
      DD12 - 7M
      DD10 - 5M

"When you're good to others, you are best to yourself."
      -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We are working on expanding our Fine Arts curriculum.
        Woot-WOOOOT!

(Ahem: that means "Wonderful news!")

ETA: And Beth, remember, there is no time limit on getting outdoors and learning about nature. It's not like they can only understand the rudiments of squirrels up until age nine and then suddenly their brain stops being interested. This is a life long process. You don't have to do formal study at all if you don't want. There is also no timer ticking on learning Latin, Greek or astronomy. So balance what is important to you and chip away at the other stuff at a reasonable pace. Your homeschool -- your priorities. You are the headmistress, not the (wonderful and invaluable) MP lesson plan.

But you've stoked one fire here. We are -- thanks to this thread -- going to declare every second Friday of the month "Outside Day". That means:
        1) we will not be home for several hours of daylight
        2) we will not be engaged in formal schooling
        3) we will wear old clothes and get dirty/wet
        4) we will see some of the natural, scenic, historical, exciting, all of the above locations in our area
        5) we will take the dog
        6) we will pack a picnic lunch
        7) we will probably still learn something

Thanks for the idea! ;D
        Last edited by Anita; 09-30-2017, 06:07 PM.
        “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Wonder Boy 14 ...MP4 + R&S 5 Math
        Joy Bubble 12 ...MP4
        Cowboy 9 ...MP4 + R&S Math 3
        Sassafras 5 ...MPK

Comment

We are working on expanding our Fine Arts curriculum.
          Yes!! Happy, happy, joy, joy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anita View Post
            Woot-WOOOOT!

(Ahem: that means "Wonderful news!")

ETA: And Beth, remember, there is no time limit on getting outdoors and learning about nature. It's not like they can only understand the rudiments of squirrels up until age nine and then suddenly their brain stops being interested. This is a life long process. You don't have to do formal study at all if you don't want. There is also no timer ticking on learning Latin, Greek or astronomy. So balance what is important to you and chip away at the other stuff at a reasonable pace. Your homeschool -- your priorities. You are the headmistress, not the (wonderful and invaluable) MP lesson plan.

But you've stoked one fire here. We are -- thanks to this thread -- going to declare every second Friday of the month "Outside Day". That means:
            1) we will not be home for several hours of daylight
            2) we will not be engaged in formal schooling
            3) we will wear old clothes and get dirty/wet
            4) we will see some of the natural, scenic, historical, exciting, all of the above locations in our area
            5) we will take the dog
            6) we will pack a picnic lunch
            7) we will probably still learn something

Thanks for the idea! ;D
            Thank you so much for your kind words and advice! I think I forget that I am in charge sometimes! I can initiate the change and flexibility we need! And I love your idea about the second Friday of every month being Outside Day! I think that is an amazing idea! I think we are going to try it as well!

Beth
            Beth
            DD12 - 7M
            DD10 - 5M

"When you're good to others, you are best to yourself."
            -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X