No announcement yet.

Russian Language Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bean Thank you. I ordered this simple one a few days ago. I am hoping it will give him something basic to work on so that he gets a sense of making progress. His interest in his Latin studies have grown now that he sees its benefit as he attempts to understand another language.

https://www.amazon.ca/Illustrated-Ru...s=books&sr=1-5

Comment

Originally posted by KikaMarie View Post
      bean Thank you. I ordered this simple one a few days ago. I am hoping it will give him something basic to work on so that he gets a sense of making progress. His interest in his Latin studies have grown now that he sees its benefit as he attempts to understand another language.

https://www.amazon.ca/Illustrated-Ru...s=books&sr=1-5
      Dd says her knowledge of Latin has been helpful with Russian Grammar.
      Bean. Long time MP user. I usually post before my coffee is finished. I apologize in advance for my typos and grammatical mishaps.

DD 10th: Aerospace enthusiast. All AP & dual enrollment courses for 20-21.

Comment

Originally posted by bean View Post
        My dd's teacher last year was a heritage speaker that works with the state department, so dd's vocabulary included things like "tank", which made her laugh, but since there are lots of language cognates with military vocabulary it made sense. Dorinda mentioned CLRC, and the book they use for first year Russian looks pretty straight forward: Beginner's Russian with Interactive Online Workbook: Kudyma, Anna, Miller, Frank, Kagan, Olga: 9780781812511: Amazon.com: Books

The website that goes with it seems to be up and running, but I didn't sign up for an account to look at it more closely.
        This is also the book that is used at the University of Minnesota for 3 semesters of Russian, so you can use this for at least 2 years of high school Russian.
        Kristin
        Kristin - Administrator for Vita Beata (discussion classes for MP users)
        DD19; AFROTC and Aerospace Engineering Major
        DD17; Senior - doing MP Divine Comedy, Renaissance & Reformation, Cicero & Augustine, and moderating 4th Grade Literature for Vita Beata.

Comment

Originally posted by klwalukas View Post

This is also the book that is used at the University of Minnesota for 3 semesters of Russian, so you can use this for at least 2 years of high school Russian.
          Kristin
          bean
          Bean or Kristin,
          Do either of you know if this is a text that someone could pick up and work with on his own? Is the interactive workbook just workbook style or is their audio lessons?
          Monica

Comment

bean
            Bean or Kristin,
            Do either of you know if this is a text that someone could pick up and work with on his own? Is the interactive workbook just workbook style or is their audio lessons?
            Monica
            With Russian "on your own" is a relative term. :-) If you look at the Amazon sample , in the intro there is a website that lines up with the book. I don't know about answers, though, or if there is a teacher's edition.
            Bean. Long time MP user. I usually post before my coffee is finished. I apologize in advance for my typos and grammatical mishaps.

DD 10th: Aerospace enthusiast. All AP & dual enrollment courses for 20-21.

Comment

bean
              Bean or Kristin,
              Monica
              It is a workbook, where you can write answers in blanks, so it is user friendly. I would say it would help an individual work on the fundamental grammar and develop reading competency, but I don't think it would help get someone to speaking fluency without a teacher.
              Kristin - Administrator for Vita Beata (discussion classes for MP users)
              DD19; AFROTC and Aerospace Engineering Major
              DD17; Senior - doing MP Divine Comedy, Renaissance & Reformation, Cicero & Augustine, and moderating 4th Grade Literature for Vita Beata.

Comment

Originally posted by bean View Post

With Russian "on your own" is a relative term. :-) If you look at the Amazon sample , in the intro there is a website that lines up with the book. I don't know about answers, though, or if there is a teacher's edition.
                Thank you both. I am going to order it and see how he gets along. He keeps asking if I have found a "good Russian grammar" book.

Comment

Working...
                X