Currently using Jr. Kindergarten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently using Jr. Kindergarten

First of all, HELLO! I've been reading the forum for quite some time now, but this is my first time creating an account and participating. We begin our second week of Junior Kindergarten with a 4 and 2 year old tomorrow. My 2 year old participates in the recitations (quite beautifully, I might add!) while my 4 year old does the entire program. Because I'm a stickler for rigidity, structure, and order I don't deter from the program in any way, shape, or form. Even though I'm not big into crafts, I do them for my 4 year old because I know she enjoys those kinds of activities. I am so thankful I found Memoria Press! I almost went with Classical Conversations, but decided not to because I was just truly drawn to the Jr. Kindergarten program. Needless to say, I'll be using Memoria Press exclusively from here on out. I've even been going through the Highlands Latin School website with a fine tooth comb to get instructional/extracurricular ideas. I plan on attending Sodalitas Gatherings and getting all my homeschool mama friends hooked on MP the way I am! Anyway, thank you all for your beautiful wisdom you share here on this forum. So many ideas from the threads have inspired me. God bless.

Re: Currently using Jr. Kindergarten

Originally posted by hanshawfamily View Post
    First of all, HELLO! I've been reading the forum for quite some time now, but this is my first time creating an account and participating. We begin our second week of Junior Kindergarten with a 4 and 2 year old tomorrow. My 2 year old participates in the recitations (quite beautifully, I might add!) while my 4 year old does the entire program. Because I'm a stickler for rigidity, structure, and order I don't deter from the program in any way, shape, or form. Even though I'm not big into crafts, I do them for my 4 year old because I know she enjoys those kinds of activities. I am so thankful I found Memoria Press! I almost went with Classical Conversations, but decided not to because I was just truly drawn to the Jr. Kindergarten program. Needless to say, I'll be using Memoria Press exclusively from here on out. I've even been going through the Highlands Latin School website with a fine tooth comb to get instructional/extracurricular ideas. I plan on attending Sodalitas Gatherings and getting all my homeschool mama friends hooked on MP the way I am! Anyway, thank you all for your beautiful wisdom you share here on this forum. So many ideas from the threads have inspired me. God bless.
    Hello and welcome to our forum family! <3 Well, I think of the people here as my forum family. I hope that's not weird... *LOL*

Oh, goodness, we did Jr. K with my youngest and I loved it! My two oldest came to full MP cores too late for the beauty and delight of Jr. K but they have enjoyed helping their little sister with her recitation and read-alouds.

Much like you, I was a strictly-by-the-book kind of mama until my oldest got sick. I think it is absolutely wonderful if you can keep up with the cores without deviating and I sincerely hope that you're able to keep up with it - lots of parents do! If, for any reason, you need to tweak things, this is such a great place to come for advice, ideas, thoughts and virtual hugs. And, between you and me, if you scale back on crafts, nobody will be the wiser. (Don't tell Michelle and Tanya I said that!)
    *shudders at the thought of glitter littering the carpet or paste wedged between the leaves of the table*
    Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
    DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
    DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Re: Currently using Jr. Kindergarten

Congrats, and welcome!

AMDG,
      Sarah
      2020-2021
      16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
      DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore