Geography I Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geography I Issues

I have a copy of the Geo I student text and teacher's guide I used with my oldest a couple of years ago that I am reusing with student workbooks I purchased this year. I noticed that the maps had been updated and that additional locations were included for labeling. As I looked further I noticed that there are some major issues with section covering Europe (pages 33-64). Essentially the middle section of the book. The sections on the Middle East, North Africa and Eastern Europe appear to be correct.

The Mediterranean Europe introduction (p 32) is followed by studies of:
    France (p 41)
    Switzerland & Liechtenstein (p42)
    Austria (p 43)
    Germany (p 44)
    Central Europe Review (p 45-46)

The British Isles Introduction (p 48) is followed by:
    France (p 41)
    Switzerland & Liechtenstein (p 42)
    Austria (p 43)
    Germany (p 44)

Another British Isles introduction (p 48) is followed by studies of:
    Netherlands (p 49)
    Belgium & Luxembourg (p 50)
    United Kingdom (p 51)
    Ireland (p 52)
    British Isles Review (p 53-54)

The book then has the Europe Part I Review (p55-56) followed by studies of:
    Netherlands (p 49)
    United Kingdom (p 51)
    Ireland (p 52)

Then another Review of Europe Part I (p 55-56) followed by:
    Finland (p 65)
    Review of Scandinavia (p 66-67)

I thought perhaps it was just my copy, but I purchased two for use with my youngest two and both have the same issue.
    Last edited by jenniferjb; 08-29-2017, 05:09 PM.
    DD 17 | 12th
    DS 15 | 9th
    DD 13 | 8th
    2021-2022

13th Year HSing, 9th Year MP

Re: Geography I Issues

Originally posted by jenniferjb View Post
    I have a copy of the Geo I student text and teacher's guide I used with my oldest a couple of years ago that I am reusing with student workbooks I purchased this year. I noticed that the maps had been updated and that additional locations were included for labeling. As I looked further I noticed that there are some major issues with section covering Europe (pages 33-64). Essentially the middle section of the book. The sections on the Middle East, North Africa and Eastern Europe appear to be correct.

The Mediterranean Europe introduction (p 32) is followed by studies of:
    France (p 41)
    Switzerland & Liechtenstein (p42)
    Austria (p 43)
    Germany (p 44)

The British Isles Introduction (p 48) is followed by:
    France (p 41)
    Switzerland & Liechtenstein (p 42)
    Austria (p 43)
    Germany (p 44)

Another British Isles introduction (p 48) is followed by studies of:
    Netherlands (p 49)
    United Kingdom (p 51)
    Ireland (p 52)

The book then has the Europe Part I Review (p55-56) followed by studies of:
    Netherlands (p 49)
    United Kingdom (p 51)
    Ireland (p 52)

Then another Review of Europe Part I (p 55-56) followed by:
    Finland (p 65)
    Review of Scandinavia (p 66-67)

I thought perhaps it was just my copy, but I purchased two for use with my youngest two and both have the same issue.
    Wow! When chapters repeat like that, it's usually an error at the printer. Did you purchase all three workbooks at the same time? Sometimes a whole box will be defective. I will check the books on the warehouse shelf and the extra stock first thing tomorrow morning and make sure it was just one defective box. Assuming it is, would you email [email protected] with your order number so I can replace your defective books?

Comment

Good morning,

I have checked our warehouse and every Student Workbook I looked at (about eight) was correct, so this was definitely a printing error. I do still want to apologize for the inconvenience, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Good morning,

I have checked our warehouse and every Student Workbook I looked at (about eight) was correct, so this was definitely a printing error. I do still want to apologize for the inconvenience, though!
        It was no trouble at all. Thanks for the speedy resolution.
        DD 17 | 12th
        DS 15 | 9th
        DD 13 | 8th
        2021-2022

13th Year HSing, 9th Year MP

Comment

My student guide begins Mediterranean Europe on page 32 and then the next page is 41 (France) - 46, then after page 48 the pagination begins again with France at page 41, then repeats again to page 48 - I am missing Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal...and then several pages in the Scandinavia/Eastern Europe. Is this on the radar/has it been fixed? My older kids did this several years ago and the workbook was correct. I believe I purchased this workbook last summer for my fourth grader.

Michelle
          Michelle

2017-2018
          9th grade MPOA diploma program
          7th grade MP materials (mostly 7A/8 track, a mix because we have grouped subjects with sibs in the past)
          4th grade MP core (thinking about grading up to 4A this summer)
          2nd grade MP core
          3 year old who reminds us to play and snuggle
          Veritas et Fides

Comment

Originally posted by mamabearjd View Post
            My student guide begins Mediterranean Europe on page 32 and then the next page is 41 (France) - 46, then after page 48 the pagination begins again with France at page 41, then repeats again to page 48 - I am missing Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal...and then several pages in the Scandinavia/Eastern Europe. Is this on the radar/has it been fixed? My older kids did this several years ago and the workbook was correct. I believe I purchased this workbook last summer for my fourth grader.

Michelle
            Unfortunately, this was an error at the printer. When we order a whole pallet of books, sometimes a few (or more!) are printed incorrectly. If you could email [email protected] with your order number and/or your account email, we'll make sure you get a corrected replacement. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Comment

Working...
            X