Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow box for art cards?!?

Good morning ladies,

A few weeks ago, somebody shared a link to a shadow box they bought on Amazon that holds the K-2 art cards. I had intended to buy one but promptly forgot until now. If you have the link, would you please share it again?

Thank you!
    Heidi
    Heidi

For 2021-22
    dd- 6th
    ds- 3rd
    dd- 1st
    ds- adding smiles and distractions

Re: Shadow box for art cards?!?

Originally posted by VAmom View Post
    Good morning ladies,

A few weeks ago, somebody shared a link to a shadow box they bought on Amazon that holds the K-2 art cards. I had intended to buy one but promptly forgot until now. If you have the link, would you please share it again?

Thank you!
    Heidi
    This is the one I purchased. (I got it in walnut to match the kitchen table.)

If you take out the wooden insert, this frame will hold all 3 years' worth of art cards. If you only want it to hold one years' worth, you can leave in the decorative wooden insert (put it either in front of or behind your cards) to keep them in place.

I bought it last year and it's held up very well to being dragged around the country (we "decorated" hotel and hospital rooms with it), as well as around the house. I don't get anything for telling you that - just a super satisfied customer. <3
    Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
    DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
    DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Thank you Mary! You're a lifesaver! Black it is as Amazon doesn't have the walnut any more. Today the 2 year old attempted to play 33 card pick up with my brand new grade 2 art cards. I rescued them but may have used more than a gentle tone of voice while retrieving them. I need the nice UPS man to deliver this ASAP.

Heidi
      Heidi

For 2021-22
      dd- 6th
      ds- 3rd
      dd- 1st

Comment

And this why I think the year should be printed on the back. Ie, 2nd grade in small print.
        DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
        DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
        DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
        Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
        Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Comment

Originally posted by Colomama View Post
          And this why I think the year should be printed on the back. Ie, 2nd grade in small print.
          Or maybe even A, B, C to correlate to K, 1, 2 since I know a lot of older kids using them as well.
          Festina lentē,
          Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
          DS Hillsdale College freshman
          DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
          DD 8th • HLN & Home
          DS 5th • HLN & Home
          Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
          Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

So yeah, that never occurred to me. This forum is amazing! Marking the cards will be my task this morning while a child does some school work.

Thank you!
            Heidi

For 2021-22
            dd- 6th
            ds- 3rd
            dd- 1st

Comment

I finally wised up and put a small dot in the bottom corner, reverse side, of each set. I found teeny sticker dots at Walmart awhile back - Electric blue for K, neon pink for 1 and chartreuse for 2. (If you're laminating your cards, these dots will do just fine with the laminating pouches...or will stick nicely on top. I have done both!)
              I didn't bother writing numbers on them to keep them in order bc I have the "cheat sheet" that came with my art posters. The one time my dd broke open the binder ring and spilled art cards everywhere, I just sat with my poster sheet and put them back in order.

If you don't have that or don't want to look up the order in your CG after your wee one plays 32-card pickup (ha!), you can use a fine-tip marker to write the corresponding week in one of the corners and just use a different color for each set.

Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
              DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
              DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Let me say it again, this forum is a sanity saver! Thank Mary for the advice! *off to mark art cards while the crazies, I mean darlings, are sleeping*
                Heidi

For 2021-22
                dd- 6th
                ds- 3rd
                dd- 1st

Comment

Working...
                X