• MG_
    replied
    Re: Rod & Staff English Sequence - Older Cores

Thank you Tanya!

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied

We do still have the R&S English lesson plans by grade available. If you email [email protected], we can get them to you.

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• MG_
    replied

Thank you both!
    I did not realize the accelerated path was the only option back then. Are the lesson plans still around? I'm thinking about using them along side as reinforcement for grammar and writing (my kids do need the extra practice ).
    MG

Leave a comment:

• momgineer
    replied

Keep in mind that back when they used R&S English there were not two core paths. The only path was what is now called accelerated.

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied

Hello.

When we used R&S English at HLS, we did use the books on grade level. If I were to use it again (assuming I was doing Latin alongside it), I would take 2 years to go through one book, so I might get the 4th grade and 6th grade books and use them in grades 3-4 and 5-6 respectively. When teaching R&S English in 5th & 6th grades, I had to speed walk through them, and that was allowing an hour a day for grammar!

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• MG_
    started a topic Rod & Staff English Sequence - Older Cores

Rod & Staff English Sequence - Older Cores

Hello!

Can someone kindly let me know if they used book#2 in Second Grade, #3 in Third, and so on? Did they use the same sequence for the accelerated cores? Thanks a bunch!

MG_
Working...
X