Successful First Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful First Day!

Last year we did parts of Memoria Press. Today was our first day of 3 full cores; Jr. K, First, and Second. My first grader was begging to start school by 6:30, so I gave her her math sheets and phonics sheets, which she finished by 7:15. My 2nd grader waited until I told him we had to start and and spent 1.5 hrs on his math; not because it is hard for him, but because he fidgets and stares out the window. I finished up with my daughters work during this time. We then did recitation and memory work together. I then spent 20 minutes on Latin with my son. We did the second grade enrichment all together and then took a break from 11-12:30 for lunch and recess and I even got a 30 minute nap in (I am 30 weeks pregnant); during this time I did some stuff with my Jr. Ker ( I am spreading the two days over 5). From 12:30-1:45 my son finished up phonics, spelling, and literature and my Jr. Ker sat at the table and did some workbook stuff. We then had a snack around 2 and went for a walk : ). I know that the beginning of the year is review in a lot of subjects, but we enjoyed our day and I look forward to a successful year.
    Abel (9) MP 4/ Lydia 7.5) MP A3/ James (6) First Start Reading and Rod and Staff 1/ Micah (4)/ Nathanael (2)/ Silas Born 7/13/2019

Re: Successful First Day!

Yay for a great first day!

I see you're from Brick - we lived in Atlantic Highlands for a couple of years (did the shift from NYC---> Hoboken ---> Jersey Shore) before moving to Texas. So glad there are other NJ families embracing classical education! <3 Makes me *almost* want to move back. Almost...
    Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
    DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
    DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Re: Successful First Day!

Comgrats! Sounds like it was enjoyable for all - I am most envying the nap! .

Keep up the good work!
      AMDG,
      Sarah
      2020-2021
      16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
      DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
      DS, 16
      DD, 14
      DD, 12
      DD, 10
      DD, 8
      DD, 6