Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regular vs Accelserated curriculum manuals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular vs Accelserated curriculum manuals?

What's the difference between the regular and accelerated lesson plans? Is there additional content in the accelerated plans? Different/more difficult content/texts? Same content, just at a faster pace?

I'm primarily interested in the 4th and 5th grade guides and mostly for the classical studies, Christian studies, and literature subject areas.

Thank you!

Re: Regular vs Accelserated curriculum manuals?

Originally posted by MistyMorning View Post
    What's the difference between the regular and accelerated lesson plans? Is there additional content in the accelerated plans? Different/more difficult content/texts? Same content, just at a faster pace?

I'm primarily interested in the 4th and 5th grade guides and mostly for the classical studies, Christian studies, and literature subject areas.

Thank you!
    The Accelerated track is what is used at HLS and what we originally sold. We found that it went a little fast for some families working at home without all the master teachers at HLS, so we created the Standard track. The tracks have the exact same content, just one year apart. Thus 4th Accelerated is the same as 5th Standard, 5th Accelerated the same as 6th Standard, and so on. The split begins in 3rd Grade, so 2nd Grade and below are the same for both tracks.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you for the quick and clear reply! Exactly what I needed to know!

Comment

Originally posted by MistyMorning View Post
        Thank you for the quick and clear reply! Exactly what I needed to know!
        You're very welcome! You can view both packages online if you want compare the two and see how the subjects shift. I did forget to clarify that math, spelling, and writing do not move. For example, we use the same 6th Grade math program in 6th Accelerated and 6th Standard. It's subjects like Christian Studies, Classical Studies, and Latin that shift.
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

So just adding on, math is always on grade level, so 4A uses 4th math and 5M uses 5th grade math.
          -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
          2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
          Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
            So just adding on, math is always on grade level, so 4A uses 4th math and 5M uses 5th grade math.
            Yes, math, spelling, and writing are always on level.
            Michael
            Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
            X