Martin Cothran article request!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Cothran article request!!

First of all, adding on to my Sodalitas "thank you", I was so blessed by Mr. Cothran and ALL the staff at the conference, but this is directed at Mr. Cothran .

As a family that has come from a life of "mission/ministry" work I would love to hear an article from Martin finishing the sentence "Saving Western civilization one student at a time...so that...."

Maybe this is impossible from the mission stance MP is in, they have a very specific call that so many of us are reaping the benefit from. I'm more curious, want to pick his brain so to speak, what is the end goal for the restoration of this civilization in regards to Christ and the Great Commission and His ultimate return?

This is in no way an argument - just in case it sounds that way! Just a jealousy to hear it all put together and articulated for me. Why what we do on a daily basis matters for the biggest picture.

Also I need to update my bio line, my daughter who was married July 7th - already expecting, so now 4 more grand babies on the way!!!!!

Thanks for humoring me

Blessings
    -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
    2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
    Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Re: Martin Cothran article request!!

Amy,

This is an excellent question. My initial answer is: to restore a culture in which the Good, the True, and the Beautiful are acknowledged and God (the origin and nexus of all of these) is honored. In other words, a restoration of Christendom.

In fact, this question is so excellent that I think I will write a whole article on it. Keep an eye out on our online articles. I might try to get that out this week before I have to leave town again!

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by martin View Post
      Amy,

This is an excellent question. My initial answer is: to restore a culture in which the Good, the True, and the Beautiful are acknowledged and God (the origin and nexus of all of these) is honored. In other words, a restoration of Christendom.

In fact, this question is so excellent that I think I will write a whole article on it. Keep an eye out on our online articles. I might try to get that out this week before I have to leave town again!

Martin
      <3 Hear, hear!
      Plans for 2020-21

Year 10 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 25 - Small Business owner with a STOREFRONT
      DD2 - 14 - 9th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA - equestrian
      DS3 - 12 - 5A Cottage School - soccer
      DS4 - 12 - 5A Cottage School -soccer
      DD5 - 8 - 3A, Cottage School -equestrian and Irish dance
      DS6 - 6 - MP K - home with Momma

Comment

I'd love to see that article, too.

I won't try to answer the question, but I'll share this: I recently took a missiology course emphasizing taking the gospel to unreached peoples (without imposing Western culture on them). I wrestled a bit with how a classical education fits into the "global" model I was presented with, but I reached my own conclusions and actually completed the class more confident that God has called me to the mission field of traditional/classical Christian education.

More recently, I had to think through the long-range goals of our classical homeschool. A well-meaning visitor to the church my husband pastors implied we would have a more effective ministry to our community if we sent our kids to public school. I didn't feel obligated to explain our educational philosophy, but the motto, "Saving Western Civilization one student at a time," came to my mind. My children are being equipped through this education to reach far more souls than I could in a carpool line.
        Heather

DD 9, MP 4A
        DD 6, MP 2
        DS 4 & DS 4--going to Pre-K three mornings/week
        DS 1

Comment

Oh, Amy, this is SO good. Can't wait to read this article!
          Festina lentē,
          Jessica P

2020-2021
          11th year HSing · 9th year MP
          @ Home, HLN, & Latin online
          11th, 9th, 6th, 3rd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Originally posted by martin View Post
            Amy,

Martin
            Literally squealed!! No rush, but I am so excited, it will be the talk I wasn't able to have with you at Sodalitas .
            -Amy

2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
            Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Originally posted by GrammarGirl View Post
              I'd love to see that article, too.

I won't try to answer the question, but I'll share this: I recently took a missiology course emphasizing taking the gospel to unreached peoples (without imposing Western culture on them). I wrestled a bit with how a classical education fits into the "global" model I was presented with, but I reached my own conclusions and actually completed the class more confident that God has called me to the mission field of traditional/classical Christian education.
              I know what you mean, I have had to wrestle through this very much on my own, which has been so valuable. I have grown the last 5 years working through the issue in my original question. I believe the anchors of my faith go deeper and can hold tighter because of it. Especially when you apply "ordo amoris" to the process - loved that take away from I believe Pudewa's talk? This education is a second love so to speak, but it is valuable and a privilege. I love when something has been cooking in your heart and someone further down the road can bring articulation to it, thus my appeal to Mr. Cothran!

Blessings,
              -Amy

Comment

Working...
              X