weighted grades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weighted grades

How do you all or teachers at HLS assign weight for the Classical Studies I class? Here are the categories I have: Student Guide/Notebook, Quizzes, Tests. I don't think participation should be a category being a home school course, correct?

Is the final weighted separate from the quizzes and tests?

Am I missing anything else?

I'd like to do this course as close as possible to the online format.

Thanks!
    Katie

2020/21: 7th year with MP
    DS 16: 11th, MPOA Euro Hist I, CS III, Divine Comedy; Schole Geometry, Spanish; Catholic Social Teaching, A & P
    DD 13: 9th, MPOA Diploma Program; Catholic Social Teaching, VT Alg. 1
    DD 9: MP 5, Seton Religion and Spelling, MPOA: FF Latin, Fable
    Twin DD's 7: MP 2, Seton Religion and Phonics

Re: weighted grades

Hello.

I spoke to one of our middle school classical studies teachers, and here is her breakdown:

study guide completion/homework 25% (We do some study guide work in class, but students are also responsible to complete study guides on their own time)
    quizzes 35% (weighted higher than tests because there are so many more quizzes than tests)
    tests 30%
    Participation/Notebooks/Organization 10% (Students have a binder with lecture notes, returned quizzes and tests, etc. and these are graded each semester for neatness, organizational skills, as we want to build good habits for high school.)

Tanya

Comment

Re: weighted grades

Good info Tanya! Thank you for hounding your teachers on our behalf
      -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
      2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
      Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Working...
      X