Repurchasing Curriculum Manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repurchasing Curriculum Manuals

(I'm sorry if this reposts, but I don't see where it has already posted.)

I recently read on the FB group that MP will send families another Curriculum Manual when you are working through a Classical Core for the second time.

We will work through each core approximately seven times, and this would be a huge money saver for us since we use ours as planners and for record keeping.

I'd prefer not to call the office and ask for something for nothing, but if it's common practice it would be nice to know.

Thanks so much.
    - Katherine, Army wife

dd, 23 :: Homeschool Grad
    dd, 20 :: Homeschool Grad, University of Cincinnati
    ds, 18 :: Homeschool Senior -> USAF
    ds, 15 :: MP Greeks/Homer & Modern Biology
    dsS, 13, 12, 10 :: mostly Core 5
    ds, 8 + dd, 6 :: Core 1
    dd, 3 :: ABCs, 123s, crayons, playdough, + paint

Re: Repurchasing Curriculum Manuals

Originally posted by readingmother View Post
    (I'm sorry if this reposts, but I don't see where it has already posted.)

I recently read on the FB group that MP will send families another Curriculum Manual when you are working through a Classical Core for the second time.

We will work through each core approximately seven times, and this would be a huge money saver for us since we use ours as planners and for record keeping.

I'd prefer not to call the office and ask for something for nothing, but if it's common practice it would be nice to know.

Thanks so much.
    The MP staff will correct me if I am wrong, but the Curriculum Manuals for each grade level are only replaced if there is a change ---- like adding in the Story Bible for K-2, for example.

We treat these as consumables for our family -- at the end of the year, they are pretty roughed up.

Michael and/or others, can you chime in here?
    Plans for 2022-23

Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
    DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, looking at dual credit - equestrian and theatre
    DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
    DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis -auditory processing disorder
    DD5 - 10- 5A, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian and tumbling
    DS6 - 9 - MP 1 - home with momma

Comment

Dianna is correct. We will gladly replace the curriculum manuals or individual lesson plans if we have made changes that you need. Currently, the curriculum manuals aren't in the consumable packages because we wanted the packages to be as cheap as possible, but we are seriously considering adding them in the fall. This will raise the pricing of the packages, but it seems lots of people use them as consumables, so it makes sense.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
        Dianna is correct. We will gladly replace the curriculum manuals or individual lesson plans if we have made changes that you need. Currently, the curriculum manuals aren't in the consumable packages because we wanted the packages to be as cheap as possible, but we are seriously considering adding them in the fall. This will raise the pricing of the packages, but it seems lots of people use them as consumables, so it makes sense.

Regards,

Tanya
        I was just going to write to suggest this because I bought a consumable package at SG assuming that the curriculum manual was considered a consumable. I don't know how you would use them otherwise because what's the fun in having all those little check boxes if you don't get to check them off? Jessica made good clarification for me that a consumable package would be good for two kids doing the same core at the same time and that's why there wouldn't be a manual included.

It had been two years since I used mine, so when I called the office did offer to send me an updated replacement for free (I was prepared to pay for it, but did not mind not having to do so).
        Jodi
        ~~~~~~~
        2019-20 School Year:
        Ethan (7A)
        Matthew (5A)
        Silas (1st)
        Eleanor (4yo dabbling in PK as time allows)
        Andrew (brand new as of Oct 2019)

Comment

Perhaps the curriculum guide could be an optional item on the consumable packages - like the enrichment guides are on the complete cores. I use them as a guide for planning, so multiple copies are not necessary. It would, however, be great to have the option.
          DD 17 | 12th
          DS 15 | 9th
          DD 13 | 8th
          2021-2022

13th Year HSing, 9th Year MP

Comment

I've always much appreciated MP's willingness to replace the curriculum manuals when they are updated. We don't treat them
            as consumable but have needed to replace after changes have been made to the curriculum. It would be great if there was a way maintain this option. $30 for a curriculum manual we already own/have purchased is a lot to add for our yearly expenses, especially since so many of us teach multiple grade levels. Just throwing in my thoughts...

Blair
            Blair

Mom to 6 sweet girls and finally a boy!
            SB - 9 - starting MP 5M
            A - 7 - starting MP 3rd
            M - 5 - starting MP 1st
            F & SG - 4 year old identical twinners
            CJ - a rascally, busy 2 year old
            GH - 4/17/2017, much adored, baby brother!

Comment

I'm curious how to find out if our manuals have been updated.

We bought 5th, 2nd, and K in October 2015. We bought 8th, 6th, 4th For New Users, 3rd, and 1st in September 2016.

We're gearing up for this next school year, and we need manuals -- but I think we'll use them as non-consumables for now on. It would save us at least $150/year.
              - Katherine, Army wife

dd, 23 :: Homeschool Grad
              dd, 20 :: Homeschool Grad, University of Cincinnati
              ds, 18 :: Homeschool Senior -> USAF
              ds, 15 :: MP Greeks/Homer & Modern Biology
              dsS, 13, 12, 10 :: mostly Core 5
              ds, 8 + dd, 6 :: Core 1
              dd, 3 :: ABCs, 123s, crayons, playdough, + paint

Comment

We do use ours as consumable because it is a great record of what we've done for the year. I just pack the curriculum lesson plans away with the notebooks full of work and call it done. I hear you on trying to reduce costs though. I like the idea of being able to (or being asked if you want to) add a lesson plan with your consumable package purchase. Pretty much the equivalent of "Do you want to super-size that?" Ha! Maybe there can be a check box like on the cursive page where you check the box of which one you want, then add to cart.

Thanks MP for listening and flexing. You treat us right!
                Festina lentē,
                Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
                DS Hillsdale College freshman
                DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
                DD 8th • HLN & Home
                DS 5th • HLN & Home
                Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
                Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Working...