Elementary Greek 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elementary Greek 1

I have the 1st edition of Elementary Greek 1 book, audio and flashcards. I would like to buy the student book. Is the 2nd edition student book compatible, or will I need to find a used copy of the 1st edition student book?
    JeJe Greer
    Mom to:
    Stella 9th grade with half MP and half Schole Academy classes
    Clara (Combination of SC 5/6 and 4th New User)

Re: Elementary Greek 1

Originally posted by jejegreer View Post
    I have the 1st edition of Elementary Greek 1 book, audio and flashcards. I would like to buy the student book. Is the 2nd edition student book compatible, or will I need to find a used copy of the 1st edition student book?
    When we purchased the original (1st edition) Elementary Greek, we reformatted the program to make it more like our other products, creating a 2nd edition. There are no content changes between editions, but there are a couple of quirks to be aware of:
    1. The 1st edition Textbook contains all the answers to the Workbook in the back. We moved these answers to a separate Teacher Key so students would not have such easy access to them.
    2. While moving the answers to the Teacher Key, we sometimes rearranged the order of questions within a Day's exercises as part of our reformatting. Our Teacher Key gives the question and answer together, though, so using it with the 1st edition should be no problem. I believe the 1st edition Textbook only gives the answers, so using that with a 2nd edition Workbook might be challenging at times.
    3. The 2nd edition, unlike the 1st, has Tests, with the answers in our Teacher Key. These tests will work with the 1st edition.

To make teaching the program easier, I would probably go with finding a 1st edition Textbook to go with the other books you already own. I was able to find one pretty quickly on Amazon. That being said, mixing editions should not be too difficult, except in the case of a 1st edition Textbook and 2nd edition Student Workbook as mentioned in #2 above. If you do choose the 1st edition, you can transition form the 1st edition of Book I to the 2nd edition of Book 2 with no difficulties.

HTH!

Comment

Working...
    X