2nd grade curriculum questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd grade curriculum questions

Can someone let me know the way the literature progresses in 2nd grade? Looking at the curriculum manual, it appears the literature begins with Prairie School. Just wondering the order of the rest of the year.

In addition, I'm wondering if the 2nd Grade Phonics Guide for Reading and Spelling has been recently updated based on feedback MP has received here on the forum. I've been reading past threads about some necessary improvements that needed to be made.

Just curious how much of 2nd grade is being updated for next year so I know if it even makes sense to try to find anything used vs. buying new.

Thanks so much!
    SusanP

Re: 2nd grade curriculum questions

Susan,

The order for literature is Prairie School, Animal Folk Tales, Courage of Sarah Noble, Little House in the Big Woods then the Beatrix Potter set. The Phonics Guide for Reading and Spelling has been printed in the same size as the first grade book. (No more reading glasses!). Other than that, there are no changes for second grade.

Blessings,
    Michelle T

Comment

Re: 2nd grade curriculum questions

Ooh, I want a bigger one for my next second grader - two years from now! Yay!!!

AMDG,
      Sarah
      2020-2021
      16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
      DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
      DS, 17
      DD, 15
      DD, 13
      DD, 11
      DD, 9
      DD, 7
      +DS+