Latina Christiana Summer Review w/ old LC ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latina Christiana Summer Review w/ old LC ed

I was about to order the new FFL Review when I stumbled upon the LC Review as well! I see in the description that it is for use with the 4th edition. My daughter just completed the 3rd edition. Is there enough overlap to make this worthwhile?

Also, I was planning to gift my older version to someone wanting to "try" Latin in their homeschool next year. Is it still possible to buy student workbooks for the old edition?
    Natalie

DD, age 13: CC 7M, with a few swaps
    DD, age 10: CC 5M
    Third year using full MP CC, Forth year homeschooling

Re: Latina Christiana Summer Review w/ old LC ed

Originally posted by Natalie0411 View Post
    I was about to order the new FFL Review when I stumbled upon the LC Review as well! I see in the description that it is for use with the 4th edition. My daughter just completed the 3rd edition. Is there enough overlap to make this worthwhile?

Also, I was planning to gift my older version to someone wanting to "try" Latin in their homeschool next year. Is it still possible to buy student workbooks for the old edition?
    Good morning,

The Latina Christiana Review Worksheets are actually designed for "weekly reinforcement" as they are completed alongside Latina Christiana during the year. The old and new editions do differ enough that it would be difficult to use the two versions together.

We do still have a limited stock of the main Student Books for the old edition. One would need to call to order them.

HTH!

Comment

I'd like to jump in here and suggest that it would be possible to use the LC Review Worksheets for summer review even though you used the 3rd edition of LC. If there are words or grammar forms in the review that you didn't cover, you can just skip them. Since you aren't tying the Review Worksheets to individual lessons in LC, but are using them for a cumulative review of your year, I don't think it will be frustrating. I like the idea of these worksheets as summer work for those who didn't complete them alongside their study. I feel like your student will have an easier transition to FFL in the fall after a summer of good review.

What do you think, Michael?

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
        I'd like to jump in here and suggest that it would be possible to use the LC Review Worksheets for summer review even though you used the 3rd edition of LC. If there are words or grammar forms in the review that you didn't cover, you can just skip them. Since you aren't tying the Review Worksheets to individual lessons in LC, but are using them for a cumulative review of your year, I don't think it will be frustrating. I like the idea of these worksheets as summer work for those who didn't complete them alongside their study. I feel like your student will have an easier transition to FFL in the fall after a summer of good review.

What do you think, Michael?

Tanya
        We removed about 20-25 vocabulary words and 3 grammar forms, and replaced them with the same number of vocabulary words and 2 new grammar forms. We also rearranged the order that some content is taught, but that wouldn't affect a summer review.

It's definitely subjective whether or not it's too much trouble to use the new Worksheets with the old Latina Christiana. Your call, Natalie!

Comment

Working...
        X