Streaming and pacing question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming and pacing question.

So we have 3 kids at different ages will be doing First form in the coming months...we are trying to decide dvd vs streaming...since they will be all working at very different paces they will not be working together...we have learned in years past that sharing dvds is...problematic. With our ongoing motor issues we are very hard on dics and drives, so the idea of streaming is nice.

We have not used streaming before...would all three be able to access streaming from one purchase or would we need for 3 separate students? Can you watch from more than one device? I am assuming that streaming time can not overlap..one at a time.

I have a 4th coming down the line in about 3 years so trying to decide what will be best vs cheapest ha!

Also a pacing question...I know my one kiddo will need a year and half or 2 years to work though which is fine...I am hoping to keep my one student to the standard pacing...my teen has 2 years of Latin experience and is well... older and a strong student...would a semester course be unreasonable to accelerate through it as a review/to learn the format? She wants to switch to MP for Latin but wants to start at the beginning for "completeness" as it were.

Any thoughts are always appreciated.
    Winter 2020 :
    DD - Graduated!
    DS - core 10 with remediation/support
    DD - core 7 with remediation/support
    DS - core 5 with remediation/support

Re: Streaming and pacing question.

Originally posted by MaggieAnnie View Post
    So we have 3 kids at different ages will be doing First form in the coming months...we are trying to decide dvd vs streaming...since they will be all working at very different paces they will not be working together...we have learned in years past that sharing dvds is...problematic. With our ongoing motor issues we are very hard on dics and drives, so the idea of streaming is nice.

We have not used streaming before...would all three be able to access streaming from one purchase or would we need for 3 separate students? Can you watch from more than one device? I am assuming that streaming time can not overlap..one at a time.

I have a 4th coming down the line in about 3 years so trying to decide what will be best vs cheapest ha!

Also a pacing question...I know my one kiddo will need a year and half or 2 years to work though which is fine...I am hoping to keep my one student to the standard pacing...my teen has 2 years of Latin experience and is well... older and a strong student...would a semester course be unreasonable to accelerate through it as a review/to learn the format? She wants to switch to MP for Latin but wants to start at the beginning for "completeness" as it were.

Any thoughts are always appreciated.
    Tech Questions

You only need one streaming purchase for all of your kids, and multiple kids can watch simultaneously on different devices. Also, if we ever revise or update a course, the streaming videos are updated at no charge. The "downside" to streaming is that it is a 15-month license, so you will need to either renew it several times, or let it lapse and restart it, between your current group of students and #4.

Pacing Questions

Is your older teen in high school? Especially with prior experience, where First Form is more review than new material, an accelerated pace should be totally doable!

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Re: Streaming and pacing question.

Thanks Michael.

Sounds like the streaming will work well for us, and the accelerating for my highschooler will be the plan.

I frequently have to buy new stuff for my youngest anyhow ha being the 4th things get well used before he ever sees them.
      Winter 2020 :
      DD - Graduated!
      DS - core 10 with remediation/support
      DD - core 7 with remediation/support
      DS - core 5 with remediation/support

Comment

Working...
      X