American Studies Discussion Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Studies Discussion Guides

Are guides planned for 5th and 6th also? Are full TG/SG planned for the future?
    The Homeschool Grads:
    J- 6/96
    S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
    G- 4/04
    D- 5/05
    F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
    M- 9/16

Re: American Studies Discussion Guides

Hello.

We are planning to have discussion questions for 5th and 6th grades. But I don't anticipate that we'll develop this program any further than that. The goal of this program is to give students an introduction to American history through biographies and novels on their independent reading level. The purpose of the discussion questions is so that you as teachers can interact with the students' reading without having to read the books yourself. These questions are for oral discussion, just to help bring the stories alive for students. But the main goal of the reading is enjoyment of American history through historical fiction and biography.

Tanya

Comment

Since the purpose is an introduction to American History and just some discusssion ...

We already own the sets from Beautiful Feet Books for both primary and intermediate Early American History. I have been plugging the primary books into my 3rd/4th grader's planners and the intermediate books into my 5th/6th grader's planners to save money (experiencing "but it's not MP" guilt over it). But would you say they're equivalent and serving the same purpose as the books actually chosen and used by MP?

I'd rather spend our extra money (haha) on any Read Alouds we don't already own. Then Science/History Enrichment for K-3. THEN other American History books (which would take a l-o-n-g while!).

Thanks!
      - Katherine

dd, 20
      dd, 17 :: Graduating HS Senior
      ds, 15 :: 8M, FFL with MPOA
      ds, 12 :: 6M, FFL with MPOA
      ds, 10 :: 4NU, LC with MPOA
      ds, 9 :: 3M with PL
      ds, 7 :: 1st
      ds, 5 :: Kindergarten
      dd, 3 :: Preschool
      dd, 01-02-2017 :: a constant reminder that "The Baby Is The Lesson"

Comment

Kathi,

The books you are using are equivalent to our specifically chosen books. We really like the Beautiful Feet books here. Our goal is to introduce students to American history through fiction and biographies, so any good quality literature will accomplish that. Save your money!

Tanya

Comment

I found the 5th Grade discussion guide, but don't see one for 6th grade on the MP website.

Is the 6th grade guide available yet? If not, is there an estimated date?

Thanks!

-Lauren
          Mama to 5 Sweet Ones

2019-2020:
          9th grade DS: At a University-Model School this year plus Henle I at home
          7th grade DD: Mostly 7M Core and MPOA SFL
          5th grade DD: 5M
          3rd Grade DD: The one that doesn't fit nicely in a core ;) R&S 3rd Grade Math and Grammar, TS II, Prima, some MP2&3 Lit, CSII, Mammals
          2 yo DS Pudding Pie

Comment

Originally posted by MamaHill View Post
            I found the 5th Grade discussion guide, but don't see one for 6th grade on the MP website.

Is the 6th grade guide available yet? If not, is there an estimated date?

Thanks!

-Lauren
            Good morning,

We are still working on the 6th grade discussion questions and thus don't have an estimated release date yet. Sorry!
            Michael
            Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
            X