Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cute Prima Moment

Shameless mom brag alert:
    My daughter was going through her flash cards while I was cleaning up breakfast and she was asking me what "You are" is in Latin. Her little wheels are turning for a bit and then she says to me with the cutest face. "Es alma mater you are a nurturing mother!"
    Couldn't resist sharing, too fun. Now her and her little brother are almost having a party as they go through all the cards.
    I am a HUGE advocate for starting Latin early while they love to memorize and don't seem to worry about the why of everything yet.
    -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
    2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
    Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Re: Cute Prima Moment

<3<3 *dissolves into a puddle of warm fuzzies* <3<3
    Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
    DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
    DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
      Shameless mom brag alert:
      My daughter was going through her flash cards while I was cleaning up breakfast and she was asking me what "You are" is in Latin. Her little wheels are turning for a bit and then she says to me with the cutest face. "Es alma mater you are a nurturing mother!"
      Couldn't resist sharing, too fun. Now her and her little brother are almost having a party as they go through all the cards.
      I am a HUGE advocate for starting Latin early while they love to memorize and don't seem to worry about the why of everything yet.
      That may be the sweetest Latin sentence I've ever heard! What a lovely moment to treasure in your heart throughout life. I bet you just melted!
      Mom to DS1 (11, 6th), DS2 (9, 4th), DS3 (6, 2nd), and DD (3, JrK).

Highlands Latin Phoenix Cottage School

www.highlandslatinphoenix.org

Comment

Amy,
        That is beautiful.
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
        DS 12th • HLN, Latin online, DE math/sci - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
        DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
        DD 7th • HLN & Home
        DS 4th • HLN & Home
        Me • Memoria College, this summer: MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching TFL and co-directing @
        Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

That is darling - thanks for sharing! No need to feel guilty in this crowd about "shameless Mom bragging"!
          Pax et bonum,
          ~Charlene~

We are a Catholic military family, and find homeschooling fits with our transient lifestyle so well! I am happy to have found Memoria Press after trying many different things.
          dd (10), dd (8), dd (6), dd (4), dd (2)

Comment

So sweet! *sniff* Moments like that make it all worth it, don't they?
            Joanie

Comment

Working...
            X