Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attending Sodalitas 2017-A running list of who's coming

Courtney, RunnerJoy
    LaGrange, KY (25 mins north of the MP mothership)
    4 kids; rising 6th, 5th, 3rd, and 1st graders
    2nd year MP, 6th year of Homeschooling
    Oldest 3 will be attending cottage school in the Fall for the first time
    3rd time to attend SG

Excited to Welcome everyone to KY! Y'all are gonna love it! <3
    Joyfully, Courtney
    DS14, DS12, DS11, DD9

Comment

Gina/Gigi

Manhattan, KS
      4 children: 2 in college & DD 10, DS 9
      homeschooling for 16 (!) years

This is my first time attending. I'm so excited!
      Gina
      Honored & Blessed to be teaching my children at home
      (since 2001)

DS-sophomore in college
      DD-soon-to-be college freshman!
      DD-9
      DS-8

Comment

Anita (Anita)
        25 mins SW of Richmond, VA (originally from rural -- RURAL -- NC)

Mom of four:
        *Boy Wonder 9 (SC2), Girl Friday 7 (MP1), Silly Cowboy 4 (MPJRK), Pink Baby Bunting 1 (ransacking the house, keeping us in stitches)

*My three older children have varying degrees of specials needs; ASD/language related. We have been homeschooling for 3 years

*This will be my first Sodalitas (no hazing, upperclassmen!) and I am leading a session "Simplifying Your Homeschool" on life hacks, self care and mindfulness over in the Simply Classical Track. There will be a giveaway (not technically a "bribe") so please attend. It will basically be a collective hug.

*Im really hoping y'all have good coffee in Kentucky. Otherwise I'll have to stow some in my carry on.
        “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Wonder Boy 14 ... MP5 + R&S Math 6
        Joy Bubble 12 ... MP5 full core
        Cowboy 10 ... MP5 + R&S Math 4
        Sassafras 6 ... MP1
        All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Dianna Kennedy, with the amazingly original forum name, diannakennedy

Mt Washington, KY -- 25 to 35 min from MP HQ, and the two HLS campuses (campi?)

6 kids -- Abigail-22 (college senior), Rachel-11 (rising 6A), Adam-9 (rising 2/3M), Thomas-9 (rising 2/3M), Maeve-4 (rising K), and Daniel-3, (rising preschool)

Loyal Cottage School attendees -- Rachel will be returning for her 4th year, and Adam and Thomas are thrilled to be joining her. Maeve will be attending K at HLS - Crescent Hill

In our 6th year of homeschooling, with MP at the helm since day 1

40+ summers in KY Third Sodalitas Gathering, and I'll be hanging at the Teacher Training this year as well
          Plans for 2022-23

Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
          DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, looking at dual credit - equestrian and theatre
          DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
          DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis -auditory processing disorder
          DD5 - 10- 5A, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian and tumbling
          DS6 - 9 - MP 1 - home with momma

Comment

(You can usually find me at all the Texas conventions...and Arkansas + Atlanta this year!)

ETA some info. Forgot what we needed to list. [/QUOTE]

Which Atlanta convention will you be attending? Coffee with another Orthodox/MP mom would be fun!

Roxie

(8M,5M, 2M and SCC)

Comment

Katy
              South of Nashville (trying to move north of Nashville)
              2 kids - rising 3rd grader and 4 year old who will continue some preschool work
              Finishing 2nd year of MP, 3rd year homeschooling
              My daughter is attending Highlands Latin Nashville
              This will be my 3rd year at Sodalitas (I may have started counting down to it last summer)
              Katy
              2017-2018
              DD 8, 3A
              DS 4, Junior Kindergartem

Comment

Originally posted by ARoxieL View Post
                Which Atlanta convention will you be attending? Coffee with another Orthodox/MP mom would be fun!

Roxie
                **Sorry to hijack Jessica's lovely thread!**

I'll be at the Southeast Homeschool Expo in Atlanta in July! :-D I would love to have coffee with you - and with real creamer because I think the convention is after the Apostles' fast! (It's the little things...) I'll send you a PM.
                Last edited by Mary; 04-30-2017, 09:14 AM. Reason: I messed up the quote. Typical technophobic me!
                Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
                DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
                DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Hello! I'm super excited to attend Sodalitas this summer. This thread is such a great way to get an idea of the incredible group of women will be gathering there.

Laura Hall, lauraghall
                  Phoenix, AZ
                  4 kids, boys are rising 5th, 3rd, 1st, and little miss (age 2.5 now) will be doing JrK
                  Just began using MP 2 years ago, this coming school year will be our first with full core packages
                  I was introduced to MP by my dear friend Jennie and her friend Staci (the Pasadena Cottage School director), who will both also be attending.
                  Starting a cottage school in Phoenix
                  My first time attending Sodalitas; I'll also be attending Teacher Training.
                  Last edited by calliope; 05-01-2017, 10:14 AM.
                  Mom to DS1 (11, 6th), DS2 (9, 4th), DS3 (6, 2nd), and DD (3, JrK).

Highlands Latin Phoenix Cottage School

www.highlandslatinphoenix.org

Comment

I'm so excited as well!

Amy - Maggie on the forum
                    9 kids 26-5
                    5 left at home ( not for long though!) My #5 will get married 3 days before Sodalitas <3 She is the tipping point, can hardly believe I will only have 4 at home.
                    This fall will be homeschooling my youngest 4. 12th, 8M, 3A, K.

Finishing 1st year with a local coop and very excited to get all the training I can as we prepare for the fall.

Cheers!

Amy
                    -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
                    2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
                    Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Michelle - 3Blessings on the forum
                      Chesapeake, VA
                      3 kids, Rising 4th and 3rd and baby John tagging along
                      Finishing our second year of MP, homeschooled since the beginning
                      Would love to have a cottage school, just looking for interest
                      My second summer in KY, looking forward to it! Staying through Wednesday for the pre-conference sessions.
                      ~Michelle

DD 13 (MP 8 - 4FL and Ref/Con through MPOA)
                      DS 11 (MP 6 w/MPOA)
                      DS 5 - MP K (My first Kindergartner with MP!!!)
                      DD 2 - Board Books and Chaos

Comment

Julia
                        El Dorado Kansas
                        Mom of 3
                        12-DD
                        11-DD
                        9-DS

This year I was introduced to MP by a dear friend. We completed it for a co-op. My husband and I fell in love so we are choosing to go fully to MP next school year
                        Excited to learn more and do more next year. Can't wait to meet everyone in July!

Blessings

Comment

Originally posted by jmcgathy1 View Post
                          Julia
                          El Dorado Kansas
                          Mom of 3
                          12-DD
                          11-DD
                          9-DS

This year I was introduced to MP by a dear friend. We completed it for a co-op. My husband and I fell in love so we are choosing to go fully to MP next school year
                          Excited to learn more and do more next year. Can't wait to meet everyone in July!

Blessings
                          Hello dear friend!! I forgot to list my location, El Dorado Kansas girl as well.
                          -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
                          2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
                          Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Hollie - hahcook
                            Northern Indiana
                            7 children: two rising 8th graders, two rising 5th, one 4A, one 1st, and a 19 month old school-room tornado
                            Finishing our first complete year of MP but have been using various components for several years
                            7 yrs home schooling
                            the less-organized other half of Jen's MP cottage/co-op...
                            first year at Sodalitas and staying for SFL pre-conference
                            Regards, Hollie Hoped for 2021/22: DD 2003 - 12; MPOA Austen Lit, Henle I, Senior Thesis DS 2004 - 12; MPOA Tolkien Lit, Christian Latin DS 2006- 9; VideoText Algebra, MPOA: 4FL, HS Comp I DD 2007 - 9, MPOA Common Topic; CTC Math DD 2008- 8A/9; MPOA Henle 1, Common Topic; CTC Math DD 2011 - Core 5 DS 2015- cruising through K over summer, 1st grade in Fall DS 2020 - learning and teaching every day! Using MP complete since 2016-17; bits and pieces for many years previous

Comment

Michelle - Meg
                              Cincinnati
                              2 children, a rising college freshman and a rising k'er
                              Homeschooled for 9 years, took a four year break, now we are jumping back in with the k'er
                              I will be teaching Latin at the new Cincinnati cottage school in the fall so I will be attending the whole week!
                              This will be my first time at the conference.
                              Michelle

Dd20 - homeschooled through 8th grade using WTM, now a junior in college
                              Dd7 - mostly MP 3M with Saxon Math, All About Spelling, and First Language Lessons

Comment

Michelle--welcome! Looking forward to meeting you. Which level(s) of Latin will you be teaching this fall? I was going to PM you, but your private messaging is off. You can update that in the Forum Actions/General Settings tab if you desire.
                                Festina lentē,
                                Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
                                DS Hillsdale College freshman
                                DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
                                DD 8th • HLN & Home
                                DS 5th • HLN & Home
                                Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
                                Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X