Editable Lesson Plan Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editable Lesson Plan Templates

What are these like? Is it just squares that you copy and paste text into? And what is the difference between the primary, upper, and grammar school?

Re: Editable Lesson Plan Templates

Listening! I have been wondering the same thing.
    Joanie

Comment

Originally posted by robomom11 View Post
      What are these like? Is it just squares that you copy and paste text into? And what is the difference between the primary, upper, and grammar school?
      Yes, they are simply blank lesson plans that you can type or copy-and-paste into. The difference between the three versions is what subject headers are included.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Yes, they are simply blank lesson plans that you can type or copy-and-paste into. The difference between the three versions is what subject headers are included.
        Thank you!

Comment

Are you able to edit the subject headers?

Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by generalsparky View Post
            Are you able to edit the subject headers?

Kelly
            Unfortunately, no. Sorry!

Comment

Unfortunately, no. Sorry!
              Could a completely blank one be made available?
              Jennifer
              Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
              DS18: Almost done!
              DS17: MP, MPOA
              DS15: MP, MPOA
              DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
              DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
              DD9: SC3
              DD6: MPK

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
                Could a completely blank one be made available?
                These templates are designed for use with our curriculum and its subjects, so we do not plan to offer a blank template for use with any curriculum.

Comment

Jen, even though we are based in MP I've sometimes wanted to edit the subject headers AND the days -- we school 6 days/week, usually. I purchased Adobe DC so that I could make the changes I wanted; it was a bit spendy, at $25/month for a monthly subscription (less if you commit to a year plan) and now I've cancelled my subscription b/c I don't need it anymore. During our transition to MP I used this regularly for several months, and now that I am getting a better handle on our upcoming year I may re-subscribe for a month just to get next year looking the way I'd like. Having open-and-go lesson plans is great!

If all you want is edited subjects, then I imagine you could download the free trial version of AdobePro and make the style you wish before your trial expires.

Aside from squinching the pages around so I could get 2 3-day spreads each week (which meant I didn't have subject headings at all on those plans), I've also edited them to include "recitation/memory work" as a subject, to rebundle subjects into groups that make sense for us, and to set aside a subject for non-MP assignments: independent reads from other sources, IEW's poetry memorization, drawing, and keyboarding practice are some non-MP subjects we've scheduled.
                  Ana, mama to
                  ds A, 15 yo
                  ds N, 10 yo

Comment

Originally posted by serendipitous journey View Post
                    Jen, even though we are based in MP I've sometimes wanted to edit the subject headers AND the days -- we school 6 days/week, usually. I purchased Adobe DC so that I could make the changes I wanted; it was a bit spendy, at $25/month for a monthly subscription (less if you commit to a year plan) and now I've cancelled my subscription b/c I don't need it anymore. During our transition to MP I used this regularly for several months, and now that I am getting a better handle on our upcoming year I may re-subscribe for a month just to get next year looking the way I'd like. Having open-and-go lesson plans is great!

If all you want is edited subjects, then I imagine you could download the free trial version of AdobePro and make the style you wish before your trial expires.

Aside from squinching the pages around so I could get 2 3-day spreads each week (which meant I didn't have subject headings at all on those plans), I've also edited them to include "recitation/memory work" as a subject, to rebundle subjects into groups that make sense for us, and to set aside a subject for non-MP assignments: independent reads from other sources, IEW's poetry memorization, drawing, and keyboarding practice are some non-MP subjects we've scheduled.
                    Yes, we use Adobe's Creative Cloud suite daily for work so I can make up my own plan grids if needed, but I thought a blank plan would be good for those who don't have that option. I see what Michael is saying though.
                    Jennifer
                    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
                    DS18: Almost done!
                    DS17: MP, MPOA
                    DS15: MP, MPOA
                    DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
                    DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
                    DD9: SC3
                    DD6: MPK

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
                      Yes, we use Adobe's Creative Cloud suite daily for work so I can make up my own plan grids if needed, but I thought a blank plan would be good for those who don't have that option. I see what Michael is saying though.
                      I meant that you can use the MP plans and change the subjects, which isn't possible with the free version of Adobe. If you have the cloud suite you ought to be able to edit the subjects under the edit option. Then you have to go back to the standard view to edit the contents, if I recall correctly.

Anybody who needed a slightly modified, or blanked, or re-labeled version could probably accomplish that within the 7-day trial, which strikes me as very fair use of the trial. It convinced me to subscribe!

ETA: I can see that MP is not intending to provide a general-purpose planner. Above, I was trying to show the ways that even MP homeschool users might want to make more-substantial revisions along the lines of incorporating resources folks on the forum may use: supplemental reading, art, typing, and so on. Or relabeling subjects for a child who is straddling, say, grammar and logic levels.
                      Last edited by serendipitous journey; 07-17-2017, 02:23 PM.
                      Ana, mama to
                      ds A, 15 yo
                      ds N, 10 yo

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
                        OK- this is totally off topic but when I read the thread title without my glasses, it looked like it said "edible lesson plan templates"! That's one way to digest MP!
                        I remember being served very good food at Sodalitas last year, but I don't think you want to eat this particular MP offering ;-)
                        Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
                        15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
                        DD College Freshman
                        DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
                        DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
                        DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

I made my own templates using Word. I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat (you can buy it as a teacher for a discounted price), but I much prefer working in Word and converting to pdf if I want to share it. The lesson plans I posted for science can be downloaded and converted to a Word template, or just downloaded and used as a template by copying it or opening it and choosing "save as." I believe I saved one of the lesson plans as a template (leaving the boxes and text in it so I could just change the text). I can post that if anyone is interested.
                          Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
                          ds 25, graduated
                          dd 11th Grade
                          dd 8th Grade
                          ds 6th Grade

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
                            I made my own templates using Word. I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat (you can buy it as a teacher for a discounted price), but I much prefer working in Word and converting to pdf if I want to share it. The lesson plans I posted for science can be downloaded and converted to a Word template, or just downloaded and used as a template by copying it or opening it and choosing "save as." I believe I saved one of the lesson plans as a template (leaving the boxes and text in it so I could just change the text). I can post that if anyone is interested.
                            I'm interested. :-)

Also, how many subjects do you cover per day for your oldest homeschool student, with only 4 days a week? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
                              I'm interested. :-)

Also, how many subjects do you cover per day for your oldest homeschool student, with only 4 days a week? Thanks.
                              Okay, I'll work on getting them up today :-)

While I do school 4 days/week, I still have the same number of school days as I would if I schooled 5 days/week (180). They are just spread out over more of the year, and we get less of a break in the summer. I prefer that because it makes my week easier, and I don't like a large break in the summer that fosters forgetfulness ;-) I still have my schedules done in blocks of 5 though, because it's just easier to do it that way (they mesh nicely with my MP schedules). I just number the days instead of going by the week and day of the week.

I would say that she does most subjects on any given day, which is true for all of my students. I don't like doing subjects only one day/week like MP schedules some subjects (like science). In my experience, that overwhelms the student on the one day they are doing that subject, and they forget a lot before they get back to that subject again. I prefer to break them up so that the student is doing less on more days of the week.
                              Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
                              ds 25, graduated
                              dd 11th Grade
                              dd 8th Grade
                              ds 6th Grade

Comment

Working...
                              X