Editable Lesson Plan Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editable Lesson Plan Templates

What are these like? Is it just squares that you copy and paste text into? And what is the difference between the primary, upper, and grammar school?

Re: Editable Lesson Plan Templates

Listening! I have been wondering the same thing.
    Joanie

Comment

Originally posted by robomom11 View Post
      What are these like? Is it just squares that you copy and paste text into? And what is the difference between the primary, upper, and grammar school?
      Yes, they are simply blank lesson plans that you can type or copy-and-paste into. The difference between the three versions is what subject headers are included.
      Michael
      Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Yes, they are simply blank lesson plans that you can type or copy-and-paste into. The difference between the three versions is what subject headers are included.
        Thank you!

Comment

Are you able to edit the subject headers?

Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by generalsparky View Post
            Are you able to edit the subject headers?

Kelly
            Unfortunately, no. Sorry!
            Michael
            Memoria Press

Comment

Unfortunately, no. Sorry!
              Could a completely blank one be made available?
              Jennifer
              Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS16
              MP: Lit 10, VideoText Algebra
              MPOA: High School Comp. II
              HSC: Spanish I, Conceptual Physics, Modern European History, and electives

DS15
              MP: Biology, Lit 10, VideoText Algebra, Greek Tragedies
              MPOA: High School Comp. II, Fourth Form Latin
              HSC: Modern European History

DS12
              7M with:
              Second Form Latin, EGR III, and HSC for US History

DS11
              SC Level 4

DD9
              3A, with First Form Latin (long story!)

DD7/8
              Still in SC Level 2

DD 4/5
              SC Level C

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
                Could a completely blank one be made available?
                These templates are designed for use with our curriculum and its subjects, so we do not plan to offer a blank template for use with any curriculum.
                Michael
                Memoria Press

Comment

Jen, even though we are based in MP I've sometimes wanted to edit the subject headers AND the days -- we school 6 days/week, usually. I purchased Adobe DC so that I could make the changes I wanted; it was a bit spendy, at $25/month for a monthly subscription (less if you commit to a year plan) and now I've cancelled my subscription b/c I don't need it anymore. During our transition to MP I used this regularly for several months, and now that I am getting a better handle on our upcoming year I may re-subscribe for a month just to get next year looking the way I'd like. Having open-and-go lesson plans is great!

If all you want is edited subjects, then I imagine you could download the free trial version of AdobePro and make the style you wish before your trial expires.

Aside from squinching the pages around so I could get 2 3-day spreads each week (which meant I didn't have subject headings at all on those plans), I've also edited them to include "recitation/memory work" as a subject, to rebundle subjects into groups that make sense for us, and to set aside a subject for non-MP assignments: independent reads from other sources, IEW's poetry memorization, drawing, and keyboarding practice are some non-MP subjects we've scheduled.
                  Ana, mama to
                  ds A, 13yo
                  ds N, 8yo

Comment

Originally posted by serendipitous journey View Post
                    Jen, even though we are based in MP I've sometimes wanted to edit the subject headers AND the days -- we school 6 days/week, usually. I purchased Adobe DC so that I could make the changes I wanted; it was a bit spendy, at $25/month for a monthly subscription (less if you commit to a year plan) and now I've cancelled my subscription b/c I don't need it anymore. During our transition to MP I used this regularly for several months, and now that I am getting a better handle on our upcoming year I may re-subscribe for a month just to get next year looking the way I'd like. Having open-and-go lesson plans is great!

If all you want is edited subjects, then I imagine you could download the free trial version of AdobePro and make the style you wish before your trial expires.

Aside from squinching the pages around so I could get 2 3-day spreads each week (which meant I didn't have subject headings at all on those plans), I've also edited them to include "recitation/memory work" as a subject, to rebundle subjects into groups that make sense for us, and to set aside a subject for non-MP assignments: independent reads from other sources, IEW's poetry memorization, drawing, and keyboarding practice are some non-MP subjects we've scheduled.
                    Yes, we use Adobe's Creative Cloud suite daily for work so I can make up my own plan grids if needed, but I thought a blank plan would be good for those who don't have that option. I see what Michael is saying though.
                    Jennifer
                    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS16
                    MP: Lit 10, VideoText Algebra
                    MPOA: High School Comp. II
                    HSC: Spanish I, Conceptual Physics, Modern European History, and electives

DS15
                    MP: Biology, Lit 10, VideoText Algebra, Greek Tragedies
                    MPOA: High School Comp. II, Fourth Form Latin
                    HSC: Modern European History

DS12
                    7M with:
                    Second Form Latin, EGR III, and HSC for US History

DS11
                    SC Level 4

DD9
                    3A, with First Form Latin (long story!)

DD7/8
                    Still in SC Level 2

DD 4/5
                    SC Level C

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
                      Yes, we use Adobe's Creative Cloud suite daily for work so I can make up my own plan grids if needed, but I thought a blank plan would be good for those who don't have that option. I see what Michael is saying though.
                      I meant that you can use the MP plans and change the subjects, which isn't possible with the free version of Adobe. If you have the cloud suite you ought to be able to edit the subjects under the edit option. Then you have to go back to the standard view to edit the contents, if I recall correctly.

Anybody who needed a slightly modified, or blanked, or re-labeled version could probably accomplish that within the 7-day trial, which strikes me as very fair use of the trial. It convinced me to subscribe!

ETA: I can see that MP is not intending to provide a general-purpose planner. Above, I was trying to show the ways that even MP homeschool users might want to make more-substantial revisions along the lines of incorporating resources folks on the forum may use: supplemental reading, art, typing, and so on. Or relabeling subjects for a child who is straddling, say, grammar and logic levels.
                      Last edited by serendipitous journey; 07-17-2017, 02:23 PM.
                      Ana, mama to
                      ds A, 13yo
                      ds N, 8yo

Comment

OK- this is totally off topic but when I read the thread title without my glasses, it looked like it said "edible lesson plan templates"! That's one way to digest MP!
                        The Homeschool Grads:
                        J- 6/96
                        S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
                        G- 4/04
                        D- 5/05
                        F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
                        M- 9/16

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                          OK- this is totally off topic but when I read the thread title without my glasses, it looked like it said "edible lesson plan templates"! That's one way to digest MP!
                          I remember being served very good food at Sodalitas last year, but I don't think you want to eat this particular MP offering ;-)
                          Dorinda

For 2019-2020
                          DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
                          DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
                          DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
                          DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

I made my own templates using Word. I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat (you can buy it as a teacher for a discounted price), but I much prefer working in Word and converting to pdf if I want to share it. The lesson plans I posted for science can be downloaded and converted to a Word template, or just downloaded and used as a template by copying it or opening it and choosing "save as." I believe I saved one of the lesson plans as a template (leaving the boxes and text in it so I could just change the text). I can post that if anyone is interested.
                            Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
                            ds 23, graduated
                            dd 15, 9th Grade
                            dd 12, 6th Grade
                            ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
                              I made my own templates using Word. I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat (you can buy it as a teacher for a discounted price), but I much prefer working in Word and converting to pdf if I want to share it. The lesson plans I posted for science can be downloaded and converted to a Word template, or just downloaded and used as a template by copying it or opening it and choosing "save as." I believe I saved one of the lesson plans as a template (leaving the boxes and text in it so I could just change the text). I can post that if anyone is interested.
                              I'm interested. :-)

Also, how many subjects do you cover per day for your oldest homeschool student, with only 4 days a week? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X