Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else having trouble with 200 Questions in 7th grade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else having trouble with 200 Questions in 7th grade?

My daughter and I are getting frustrated a bit with some of the questions in 200 Questions. The questions tells the student on which page of "Everything" and in which chapter of Grueber to find the answer to the question, but there seem to be some questions that are not actually in either book. I didn't really keep track before, but I know we have had this issue here and there all year. Mostly I assumed it was just her not trying hard enough. She is dyslexic and sometimes does not read closely enough to find the answer. Well today, I tried to find the answer for her so she could learn how to find the answer and for the life of me I could not find the answer in either book. The question was number 87 Treaty that ended the Mexican War and gave the United States New Mexico and what was called Upper California. The answer in my teacher guide is Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. Neither my daughter or I could find that answer in either book. Now, I have no issue with having them memorize drill questions that are not found in the texts. I get that the texts might be missing key information. BUT please somehow mark the question as not being in the book. Then I can just give my daughter the answer and go on. She spent quite a bit of time reading and re reading chapter 62 and page 48 in the Everything book. She could have saved that time if she knew the answer was not in the book. This is not the only time this has happened, but like I said I did not keep track before. Whenever she said she could not find an answer, I just assumed it was her dyslexia and I gave her the answer. Now I am wondering if those were also not in the book. It is not frequent that she can't find an answer, but it has happened enough for me to notice.
    Has anyone else had this issue or am I just not doing it correctly?
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 27, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 25, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 23, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
    (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
    DS, 21, Physics and math major
    DD, 18, dyslexic, 12th grade dual enrolled
    DS, 14, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 9th MPOA diploma student
    DD, 8 , 2nd Future astronaut, robot building space artist

Re: anyone else having trouble with 200 Questions in 7th grade?

Ds are are working through this too...the treaty question was in the next chapter...I posted a note in the error forum a while back...there have been just a few of those errors that have made it a bit tricky and of course it is always the weeks I do not preread...ha! It causes my ds a lot of stress too so empathy for you and your dd. But no it is not just you.
    Ds actually loves this book something about the straightforwardness of the format really appeals but there have been few more errors it seems than average.
    MaggieAnnie
    Last edited by MaggieAnnie; 01-24-2017, 06:54 PM.
    DD - Graduated!
    DS - core 12 with remediation/support
    DD - core 9 with remediation/support
    DS - core 7 with remediation/support

Comment

Re: anyone else having trouble with 200 Questions in 7th grade?

In general we love this course. I really like the very straight forward- learn these facts. I think it will make high school history much easier. And I like how it tells you where to find the answer. I hadn't realized it was in the next chapter. That chapter looked like it was a different topic so I didn't look through it. That's what I get for skimming while dealing with a fussy toddler. My daughter said it wasn't in another chapter but she was wrong I guess. Thanks!
      Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
      DD, 27, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
      DS, 25, BS '18 mechanical engineering
      DS, 23, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
      (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
      DS, 21, Physics and math major
      DD, 18, dyslexic, 12th grade dual enrolled
      DS, 14, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 9th MPOA diploma student
      DD, 8 , 2nd Future astronaut, robot building space artist

Comment

Working...
      X