Changes for next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes for next year?

Like other families on the forums, we are self-employed so we need to plan big purchases well in advance. I'm putting together our school budget for June and was wondering if there will be any changes next year to the 8M, 5M, or K cores?
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS16: MP, MPOA, HSC, Breaking the Barrier French
    DS15: MP, MPOA, HSC
    DS12: Mash-up of 6/7M
    DS11: SC 4
    DD9: 3A with First Form Latin (long story!)
    DD8: Mash-up of SC 1/2
    DD5: January birthday, using SC B and C as a two-year JrK

Re: Changes for next year?

Hello.

The only change I can think of right now is the music for K. And we are getting close to making that change. But as I said on an earlier post this morning, if you order and we do make changes (which would be minor), we will always update your curriculum manual so that you have the latest version!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hello.

The only change I can think of right now is the music for K. And we are getting close to making that change. But as I said on an earlier post this morning, if you order and we do make changes (which would be minor), we will always update your curriculum manual so that you have the latest version!

Tanya
      You guys are definitely awesome about that! I wouldn't be ordering until summer, but I wanted to make sure my budget projections are correct. If books are changing/being added that will affect the amount of money we need to save up which could then throw a big wrench in the process when I go to order and realize I don't have enough money!
      Jennifer

Comment

I understand. The only thing I think could up your pricing is if you choose to do physical science. Those books are more expensive than the Tiner book in the 8M set. I don't know if you are on an accelerated science track or not, but some people do choose physical science in 8th.

Tanya

Comment

Do you plan to keep adding DVDs to the packages as they are made? My kids are doing several online classes, so we really don't use the DVDs. Might you consider options with and without DVDs?

Also, have you guys met about science yet? Any chance Earth Science will be an option next year?
          DD 16 | 11th
          DS 14 | 8th
          DD 12 | 7A

12th Year HSing, 8th Year MP

Comment

I would also like to know about changes for next year, specifically 1st and 2nd grades. Because we live overseas I will be ordering in February so that my mom can bring our curriculum when she visits in March. I know you guys are great about sending new curriculum guides when they are updated, but that isn't really a good option for me. Hoping that by ordering in February I won't be missing out on too many updates!

Comment

We are working on the final proof of 1st-2nd grades now. The major change is the new music, and we are just doing a final check to make sure all the read-aloud books and science/enrichment books are still in print. I anticipate that these guides will be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

Tanya

Comment

What is the new music for 1st grade?
                Miah - married to Warcabbage, 3 boys, BS in social work, AS in Electrical Engineering Technology

Evulcarrot - 18, freshman in college, Medical Technology , mild autism
                Battlebroccoli - 17, lives with grandma, attends a special high school program part time
                Doomsprout - 10, highly verbal moderate autism, anxiety, motor delays, sensory processing issues - SC 4 with R&S 4

Comment

We had a professional musician select pieces for each of the 33 weeks. He included a biography about the composer and interesting facts about the piece. His selections covered key pieces rather than ones we guessed would be important.

If already have an enrichment guide, you could still use that. It is gives good exposure to a variety of pieces. But, if you want the new music, the book is very reasonably priced.

Blessings,
                  Michelle T

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle T View Post
                    We had a professional musician select pieces for each of the 33 weeks. He included a biography about the composer and interesting facts about the piece. His selections covered key pieces rather than ones we guessed would be important.

If already have an enrichment guide, you could still use that. It is gives good exposure to a variety of pieces. But, if you want the new music, the book is very reasonably priced.

Blessings,
                    Michelle T
                    What will the cost be on the new book? Is there a consumable as well? I'll have two 1st graders next year.
                    Jennifer

Comment

The supplement is $12.95. But, that covers the new music and study for grades K-2.

Michelle T

Comment

I forgot to mention it is only a teacher book, no consumable.

Michelle T

Comment

Blessings,
                          Michelle T
                          This is very exciting!!! I suppose we could use it for older children, too, as exposure ... will there be another round by next year, do you think?

Ana, mama to
                          ds A, 14 yo
                          ds N, 9 yo

Comment

The supplement is $12.95. But, that covers the new music and study for grades K-2.

Michelle T
                            Michelle, so this one book covers all three years, k-2?
                            Thanks!
                            Festina lentē,
                            Jessica P

2020-2021
                            11th year HSing · 9th year MP
                            @ Home, HLN, & Latin online
                            11th, 9th, 6th, 3rd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Michelle T
                              Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
                              Michelle, so this one book covers all three years, k-2?
                              Thanks!
                              Jessica, I hadn't seen the K-2 bit of Michelle's post -- it probably does cover all three years -- thanks for asking this to clarify!
                              Ana, mama to
                              ds A, 14 yo
                              ds N, 9 yo

Comment

Working...
                              X