First form final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First form final

My son is trying to study for his final exam for first form. He didn't finish the book last year. There is no study lesson for the final so I have made some copies of the vocabulary section of the final for him to practice. The problem that I am seeing is that any of the verbs with irregular principal parts do not have enough room to write it all out. The first four pages of the exam have plenty of room, but the vocab in two columns is not sufficient for him to write out the longer answers legibility. Any suggestions? Also, how long do you expect the final to take? At seven pages it is quite daunting.

Thanks!
    Dorinda
    Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
    15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
    DD College Freshman
    DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
    DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
    DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Re: First form final

Dorinda, Here are a few ideas:

Could you administer the test a few pages at a time or even a single page a day? Or in two parts: pp.1-4 and then 5-7?

As for irregular principal parts, could you have him circle them on the test itself but then write those out on another sheet? It would show that he knew which they were and still provide plenty of room to put all four parts down.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
    DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
    DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
    DD 7th • HLN & Home
    DS 4th • HLN & Home
    Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Working...
    X