Guerber's Edited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guerber's Edited?

What exactly has been edited in Guerber's Story Of The Thirteen Colonies and The Great Republic? Have they been shortened? Thanks!

Re: Guerber's Edited?

Don't worry about my question! I compared your sample with the original. Thank you.

Comment

just curious ... might you share what you found? Are you considering using the originals?
      Ana, mama to
      ds A, 15 yo
      ds N, 10 yo

Comment

The writing is changed. The word Savages has been scrubbed out. I didn't go too far into looking as we only have a small sample of MP to go by. I will use the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Muchfun View Post
          The writing is changed. The word Savages has been scrubbed out. I didn't go too far into looking as we only have a small sample of MP to go by. I will use the originals.
          Thanks so much!

ETA: do you plan to use the study guide too? Just wondering if you think that might work ...
          Last edited by serendipitous journey; 11-07-2016, 11:28 AM.
          Ana, mama to
          ds A, 15 yo
          ds N, 10 yo

Comment

Hello.

We did edit the two Guerber books - "The Story of the Thirteen Colonies" and "The Story of the Great Republic" - and turned them into one. We basically shortened (or removed) chapters that we felt gave too much time to events that have paled in the light of current day history. For example, I believe the original text dedicated 7 chapters to the Spanish-American War, which was pretty much current history at the time these books were written. But after two major world wars, it felt like too much. We also edited the text to make it more politically correct (ex.: replacing "Indian" with "Native American" or "Native"). You can definitely get by with the original texts.

Tanya

Comment

Thanks Tanya! That does seem like a lot dedicated to a single event...

Comment

Working...
              X