Quiz grades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiz grades

What does everyone do if their child fails a quiz? Obviously, they need to review/drill the material for awhile, but do you let them retake the quiz? I only record grades for quizzes, tests and compositions; which grade would you record if they re-take the quiz?
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
    DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
    DS15: MP, MPOA
    DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
    DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
    DD10: SC3
    DD7: MPK

Re: Quiz grades

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
    What does everyone do if their child fails a quiz? Obviously, they need to review/drill the material for awhile, but do you let them retake the quiz? I only record grades for quizzes, tests and compositions; which grade would you record if they re-take the quiz?
    What about averaging the grade of the two quizzes? This is how it works with my son's MPOA Latin class. I think it's great for that second chance but also knowing that first grade will still have an effect on his grade motivates him to study.
    Katie

DS 17: Senior!
    DD 14: 10th
    DD 10: 6th
    Twin DD's 8: 3rd
    Mix of MP, Co-op, TAN and traveling the U.S

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
      What about averaging the grade of the two quizzes? This is how it works with my son's MPOA Latin class. I think it's great for that second chance but also knowing that first grade will still have an effect on his grade motivates him to study.
      I wondered about that, but wasn't sure if it was "legal", lol. If MPOA is handling re-takes that way, then it works for me! Thanks!
      Jennifer
      Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
      DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
      DS15: MP, MPOA
      DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
      DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
      DD10: SC3
      DD7: MPK

Comment

At HLS, all incorrect answers whether on a practice page, quiz or even test must be corrected by a student. Usually if a student does poorly on one quiz, it doesn't end up affecting a grade too much. Teachers do allow retakes on some, but not all, quizzes or tests.

Do be sure to add missed material into another quiz or test , to ensure mastery because that is the goal. The quiz could even be oral at that point. Just so you know it has stuck.

Most of the material will be seen again in a subsequent test or quiz. Luckily the questions are reviewed consistently!

Blessings,
        Michelle T

Comment

Working...
        X