Second Grade Literature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Grade Literature

For some reason, I was thinking Animal Folk Tales was the first literature selection of second grade, but my curriculum manual (purchased in February) lists Prairie School first as does the online sample which I am using until the updates are completed. Also I downloaded and printed the Phonics and Spelling sample to use and it lists Courage of Sarah Noble for the first week. So I am wondering which one should we read first?

By the way, we started this week and the twins are loving Prima Latina. I hear them going around saying Salve! to each other. It is such a joy. We are going slowly this week, and taking two weeks to do one week of lesson plans. They are excited, and surprisingly, haven't complained once after having an easy summer break.
    Dawn
    Son and Daughter (twins) 8, MP Second Grade 2016-2017
    Completed Jr. Kindergarten, Kindergarten, First Grade
    Son 22, Corrections Officer, Marching Band Horn line Instructor
    Daughter 17, PS, 3rd year Marching Band, 1st Flute

Re: Second Grade Literature

Dawn,

I'm so glad your school year has started well! We moved Prairie School to the beginning because some schools thought it was easier than Animal Folktales. But you can do them in any order you wish.

The sample on the website is incorrect. I'll post the first couple of weeks for you here.

Tanya
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Second Grade Literature

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Dawn,

I'm so glad your school year has started well! We moved Prairie School to the beginning because some schools thought it was easier than Animal Folktales. But you can do them in any order you wish.

The sample on the website is incorrect. I'll post the first couple of weeks for you here.

Tanya

Thank you so much. Animal Folk Tales is so lovely. I look forward to the twins reading it. I will stick with the lesson plans since it is so much easier for me. Thanks again.
      Dawn
      Son and Daughter (twins) 8, MP Second Grade 2016-2017
      Completed Jr. Kindergarten, Kindergarten, First Grade
      Son 22, Corrections Officer, Marching Band Horn line Instructor
      Daughter 17, PS, 3rd year Marching Band, 1st Flute

Comment

Working...
      X