• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sodalitas roll call?

Originally posted by ClassicalFamily View Post
    Latina Christiana
    Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
    That's perfect!! You can buddy up with my sister (The Farmer's Wife)--who lives near you and is taking the LC1 class as well!
    That's me (the sister close to you!) looking forward to meeting you next week! -Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by The Farmer's Wife View Post
      That's me (the sister close to you!) looking forward to meeting you next week! -Rachel
      Looking forward to meeting you, too! I am sure we have friends, or at least friends of friends, in common, as our church was planted by a church in Maryville with a large homeschooling base.
      Michaela
      Daughter: Age 11 MP 6A (MPOA for TFL, 6th grade math, and composition)
      Son: Age 6 1st Grade MP Traditional Spelling, Literature, Math, and Handwriting
      for 2019/2020 school year

Comment

I am hoping and praying that I will be able to attend. I am signed up and registered for the Cursive workshop on Wednesday. I am so excited to meet everyone and learn new things. This will be my first homeschool conference or homeschool anything other than forums. However, my mother's health is not good. She has many health problems, the worst being end stage COPD. She was doing well until April, and since then we have been in and out of hospitals and rehabs numerous times. Currently, she is doing well, but she is now living with me since she cannot manage on her own. I hope she continues to do well, but she has really bad episodes of shortness of breath called exacerbations that come on quickly and for no reason other than worsening of the disease. I have been so excited for the conference and meeting everyone, but so many things have changed since I registered. Hopefully, my mom will continue to do well, and I will be able to attend with no problems.
        Dawn
        Son and Daughter (twins) 8, MP Second Grade 2016-2017
        Completed Jr. Kindergarten, Kindergarten, First Grade
        Son 22, Corrections Officer, Marching Band Horn line Instructor
        Daughter 17, PS, 3rd year Marching Band, 1st Flute

Comment

Originally posted by Openhearted View Post
          I am hoping and praying that I will be able to attend. I am signed up and registered for the Cursive workshop on Wednesday. I am so excited to meet everyone and learn new things. This will be my first homeschool conference or homeschool anything other than forums. However, my mother's health is not good. She has many health problems, the worst being end stage COPD. She was doing well until April, and since then we have been in and out of hospitals and rehabs numerous times. Currently, she is doing well, but she is now living with me since she cannot manage on her own. I hope she continues to do well, but she has really bad episodes of shortness of breath called exacerbations that come on quickly and for no reason other than worsening of the disease. I have been so excited for the conference and meeting everyone, but so many things have changed since I registered. Hopefully, my mom will continue to do well, and I will be able to attend with no problems.
          What is her name, Dawn, so we can pray for her?
          Festina lentē,
          Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
          DS Hillsdale College freshman
          DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
          DD 8th • HLN & Home
          DS 5th • HLN & Home
          Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
          Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

What is her name, Dawn, so we can pray for her?

Thank you so very, very much. Her name is Ethel. Each hospital stay I think she may not come home, but God is good and has heard our prayers.
            Dawn
            Son and Daughter (twins) 8, MP Second Grade 2016-2017
            Completed Jr. Kindergarten, Kindergarten, First Grade
            Son 22, Corrections Officer, Marching Band Horn line Instructor
            Daughter 17, PS, 3rd year Marching Band, 1st Flute

Comment

Originally posted by Openhearted View Post
              Thank you so very, very much. Her name is Ethel. Each hospital stay I think she may not come home, but God is good and has heard our prayers.
              I'll be praying for her as well. If you are able to come I look forward to meeting you at the NAC session!
              ~Michelle

DD 13 (MP 8 - 4FL and Ref/Con through MPOA)
              DS 11 (MP 6 w/MPOA)
              DS 5 - MP K (My first Kindergartner with MP!!!)
              DD 2 - Board Books and Chaos

Comment

I'm thinking I definitely need to come next year! I downloaded the Sodalitas videos from Vimeo, and they're so inspiring. I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time!
                Gina
                Honored & Blessed to be teaching my children at home
                (since 2001)

DS-sophomore in college
                DD-soon-to-be college freshman!
                DD-9
                DS-8

Comment

Gigi,

It's not too late to come this year! I'd gladly add you to my list!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                    Gigi,

It's not too late to come this year! I'd gladly add you to my list!

Tanya
                    I'm so tempted! I'd have to cancel a whole list of activities, though, and the little people around here wouldn't be too happy about that

Next time, I'm coming!
                    Gina
                    (since 2001)

DS-sophomore in college
                    DD-9
                    DS-8

Comment

I'm accepting the reality that I have to let this year go, but I'm so glad it's happening and so many moms will be equipped and encouraged, which will be a good thing for our world. Also because I will get to watch the videos (Lord willing I should say!) and it will be like a Christmas present I've waited for.

On the happy side, grand baby #10 did arrive at 12:07 am this morning! Nehemiah ? (waiting on middle name still) is deliciously chunky at 8 lb 13.6 oz. My daughter only pushed for 6 stinking minutes!! Such a blessing, very thankful.

Also, just as a courtesy Tanya maybe you should confer with me as you set the date for next year? Just kidding of course, it is on my bucket list to eventually see HLS and meet some of you that have been such a help and encouragement to me!

Lastly, what does a girl have to do to get a coffee mug?????
                      -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
                      2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
                      Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

I think you get a mug for having your tenth grandbaby arrive in time for your own youngest to start K. ;-) One day I will meet you!!!
                        Festina lentē,
                        Jessica P

DD 8th • HLN & Home
                        DS 5th • HLN & Home

Comment

I think you get a mug for having your tenth grandbaby arrive in time for your own youngest to start K. ;-) One day I will meet you!!!
                          Oh my, this made me laugh. Amen to that! Until then just to warn you, I'm giving you and Sarah a break until Sodalitas is over and then I may possibly be hounding you with some questions about teaching Prima Latina and First Form in a coop this fall.

Remember as you keep endeavoring and might possibly be feeling overwhelmed, Psalm 127:1. Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.

You are laboring for the high calling he's given you in Christ, partnering with Him, not alone! Sorry for the sermon, just thinking of you with much on your plate atm.
                          -Amy

2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
                          Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
                            Oh my, this made me laugh. Amen to that! Until then just to warn you, I'm giving you and Sarah a break until Sodalitas is over and then I may possibly be hounding you with some questions about teaching Prima Latina and First Form in a coop this fall.

Remember as you keep endeavoring and might possibly be feeling overwhelmed, Psalm 127:1. Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.

You are laboring for the high calling he's given you in Christ, partnering with Him, not alone! Sorry for the sermon, just thinking of you with much on your plate atm.
                            Thank you so much for the encouragement! Needed and appreciated!

And why don't you hop over to the cottage school/co-op thread and post there? I'd love to hear what you're up to--it sounds fun!
                            Festina lentē,
                            Jessica P

DD 8th • HLN & Home
                            DS 5th • HLN & Home

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post

On the happy side, grand baby #10 did arrive at 12:07 am this morning! Nehemiah ? (waiting on middle name still) is deliciously chunky at 8 lb 13.6 oz. My daughter only pushed for 6 stinking minutes!! Such a blessing, very thankful.
                              Congratulations! Your week of not attending will be much more exciting than my week of VBS/music camp and piano lessons Hopefully we can both go next time!
                              Gina
                              (since 2001)

DS-sophomore in college
                              DD-9
                              DS-8

Comment

Originally posted by Gigi View Post
                                Congratulations! Your week of not attending will be much more exciting than my week of VBS/music camp and piano lessons Hopefully we can both go next time!
                                Yes please!
                                -Amy

Comment

Working...
                                X