Question about new guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having trouble deciding between the Introduction to Classical Studies guide and the individual guides for FMOR, D'Aulaire's, and the Children's Bible. I think that the individual guides will suit our needs, but I wanted to know if all of the features of the Intro book are in the individual guides as well. I was particularly thinking of the "Christ conquers Caesar" chart and similar information contrasting Christian and Classical thinking--I read that this was in the Introduction to Classical Studies and I really wanted to incorporate that type of analysis into our study. Thanks so much.

I don't know about the Christ conquers Caesar chart you mentioned, since I don't use it currently, but I do have and somewhat use the ICS guide. The features between the workbooks and the guide, in my opinion, are quite different. The guide mostly has questions just for the Rome book. There's vocabulary and geographical terms for the other books, along with copywork, memory work, and drawing suggestions. There are other great features, too, but I don't have time to explain them all here. I would decide between them based on whether you want to do a bunch of workbooks or whether you want to minimize the workbook and Q&A approach in favor of things like narrations and illustrations, etc. I like the guide, but the Rome questions were the ones I didn't need (since they're in the LC books), and I wanted a little more detailed study and accountability for both myself and the kids with their Bible studies. So, next year we'll leave the guide, at least temporarily, to do Christian Studies 1-3. As I said, the FMOR questions are in the LC books, and we aren't going to do D'Aulaire's next year at all, I don't think, so the guide will no longer be helpful.

Comment

Thanks. I did purchase the Introduction to Classical Studies guide rather than the workbooks. We dove right in, and I am very pleased.

Comment

Working...
      X