Famous Men Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famous Men Series

Is it necessary to use the Memoria Press edition of the Famous Men books with the Memoria Press student guides. I have digital copies of the original 1904 editions of the Famous Men books. I wanted to use the Memoria student guides if possible. Thanks for any help you can give.
    Nannette

Nannette,

If you are asking whether the text is different, the answer is no, with the exception of quite a few edits for punctuation. For some reason, punctuation in the 1904 edition did not seem to comply with current standards. Using the published book is slightly easier, since the page number references will be the same. We have found that the color illustrations in our book make for a more pleasant experience for elementary students.

Thanks.

Martin Cothran

Originally posted by nannette
    Is it necessary to use the Memoria Press edition of the Famous Men books with the Memoria Press student guides. I have digital copies of the original 1904 editions of the Famous Men books. I wanted to use the Memoria student guides if possible. Thanks for any help you can give.
    Nannette

Comment

Famous Men series

Thank you so much for the information. That is exactly what I needed to know. God bless.
      Nannette

Comment

Famous Men series

I have to add that the color illustrations make a HUGE difference to me. I almost downloaded the free version, but I am so glad I discovered the improved MP version. It is really beautiful, and to me, it was worth purchasing it over printing it free.

Cheri

Comment

one of my children has multiple LDs. Using an electronic format works best for us because I can control the size of type and eliminate the pictures all together if necessary. Thanks for the feedback.
          -Nannette

Comment

Famous Men Study Guides

We are using Latina Christiana for the first time this year---both my kids love it. I am so impressed with the layout of the book and the organization of the lessons! You have made everything very simple. I am wondering if it is the same with the Famous Men series? We are finishing Rome this week. However we used the Greenleaf guide. Now I need to purchase the Middle Ages text and guide. How does your guide compare with Greenleaf? From what I can tell, it looks like that your guide has more structure, as well as more suggestions for further study. It seems to be more of a workbook style--is this true? Finally what about ages? I have a 4th grade boy and 6th grade girl. I was hoping that the additonal work in your guide would involve him more with the material, and that the suggestions for further study might challenge her.

I sure appreciate any information you can give me.
            Thank you,
            Stephanie

Comment

Working...
            X