Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another question! Copybooks in cursive....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question! Copybooks in cursive....

Do you have to know New American Cursive to do them?

My son knows Getty Dubay. Will he be able to do the Latin copybook and the Hymns one?

Thanks!! I'm sure I'll be back with more.

Re: Another question! Copybooks in cursive....

I don't know the "official" answer to this, but I can tell you from my personal experience that a child does not need to have learned NAC cursive to use the NAC copybooks. Both my 5M (non NAC) and 3A (learned NAC this year - started using copybook the second half of the school year) used them and neither had any difficulty.

My daughter used Zaner-Bloser to learn cursive and, when using the NAC copybook this year, she'd just make the letters the way she learned them. While I prefer NAC now that I know it, as long as the kids' writing is legible, I won't force them to use a particular style. Does that make sense?
    Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
    DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
    DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Ahhhh yes....

I was hoping that was the case!

Comment

Originally posted by OrthodoxHandmaiden View Post
        I don't know the "official" answer to this, but I can tell you from my personal experience that a child does not need to have learned NAC cursive to use the NAC copybooks. Both my 5M (non NAC) and 3A (learned NAC this year - started using copybook the second half of the school year) used them and neither had any difficulty.

My daughter used Zaner-Bloser to learn cursive and, when using the NAC copybook this year, she'd just make the letters the way she learned them. While I prefer NAC now that I know it, as long as the kids' writing is legible, I won't force them to use a particular style. Does that make sense?
        Mary's answer is spot on!

Comment

Working...
        X