Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sodalitas Gathering 2016 is filling up--Register Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sodalitas Gathering 2016 is filling up--Register Now!

Forum friends,

Registration for SG2016 is in the mid-50s! We plan to cap attendance at 75 individuals. I know there are many of you in talks with your spouse, or still coordinating childcare, or even selling off used curriculum(!), to help make this week in Louisville a possibility for your family.

Here's a preview: Hosted by Memoria Press and Highlands Latin School, the 2016 Sodalitas Gathering is the perfect opportunity to enrich your classical homeschool. Featured speakers include Martin Cothran, Louis Markos, Cheryl Swope, Andrew Pudewa, Sarah Kaye, and Jessica Phillips as well as an array of experienced Memoria Press homeschool parents. The two days will be wonderful time spent with other like-minded classical homeschoolers with sessions on teaching multiple cores, the big picture--MP from K to 12, grade-level breakouts, classical languages, optional evening activities to connect and share, and a Special Needs track hosted by Cheryl Swope herself! Please see additional information at www.sodalitasgathering.com. This is a very encouraging experience created specifically for Memoria Press homeschooling families.

Please let me encourage you to register as soon as you can. No one can bring what you can to our gathering. I hope you can join us!

Click here to be directed to the official registration page.

[Oh, and I know of one dad coming (Jayson). Another other guys coming along? Trust me, there are plenty of men around from MP/HLS. You won't be all alone.]

Warmly,
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
    DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
    DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
    DD 7th • HLN & Home
    DS 4th • HLN & Home
    Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Re: Sodalitas Gathering 2016 is filling up--Register Now!

Hi Jessica,

Is Tanya one of the speakers? I wasn't sure if maybe she's one of the array of experienced Memoria Press homeschool parents. Thanks.
    Nieva, blessed to have such thoughtful MP friends

2021-2022: 8th year homeschooling and with MP
    DS14, 9th~ MPOA Latin, Kolbe Academy Freshman
    DS13, 8th~ MPOA except math and composition
    DS11, 6th~ MPOA except math and composition
    DS 7, 2nd~ MP w/ Mom

Stay with me, Lord, for You are my light, and without You, I am in darkness. ~St. Pio

Comment

Yes! Tanya will be doing an hour and a half Mega MP-K to 12th overview session on Thursday morning. This is the best possible way to get the entire picture of MP in view and it greatly helps with seeing where parts ahead of you this year fit into the grand scheme. It's part of the "putting in the big rocks first" on day one of SG.

HTH!
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
      DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
      DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
      DD 7th • HLN & Home
      DS 4th • HLN & Home
      Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
        Yes! Tanya will be doing an hour and a half Mega MP-K to 12th overview session on Thursday morning. This is the best possible way to get the entire picture of MP in view and it greatly helps with seeing where parts ahead of you this year fit into the grand scheme. It's part of the "putting in the big rocks first" on day one of SG.

HTH!
        This session was very influential for me. After that session I found myself thinking for the first time "I could homeschool for 12 years and I WANT to homeschool for 12 years!"
        Katy
        2017-2018
        DD 8, 3A
        DS 4, Junior Kindergartem

Comment

HTH!
          Wonderful!👍🏼
          Nieva, blessed to have such thoughtful MP friends

2021-2022: 8th year homeschooling and with MP
          DS14, 9th~ MPOA Latin, Kolbe Academy Freshman
          DS13, 8th~ MPOA except math and composition
          DS11, 6th~ MPOA except math and composition
          DS 7, 2nd~ MP w/ Mom

Stay with me, Lord, for You are my light, and without You, I am in darkness. ~St. Pio

Comment

I am all signed up!!!
            Christine

(2021/2022)
            DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, Language Arts with Grandma)
            DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
            DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years
            DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
            DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1
            DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1

Comment

Congrats, Christine!

AMDG,
              Sarah
              2020-2021
              16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
              DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
              DS, 17
              DD, 15
              DD, 13
              DD, 11
              DD, 9
              DD, 7
              +DS+
              DS, 2

Comment

HTH!
                YAY! I love Tanya's input.
                Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
                DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
                DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
                DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
                DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
                DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

I know there are many of you in talks with your spouse, or still coordinating childcare, or even selling off used curriculum(!), to help make this week in Louisville a possibility for your family.
                  This is our first using MP and I so wish to attend! There is no amount of curriculum-selling and coordinating that could get me there from Hawaii! Is this event usually scheduled around the same time each year? Perhaps I can plan our summer mainland trip next year to correspond as my in-laws live within driving distance. In the meantime I plan to buy and binge on videos over the summer.
                  Natalie

DD, age 13: CC 7M, with a few swaps
                  DD, age 10: CC 5M
                  Third year using full MP CC, Forth year homeschooling

Comment

Wow, Natalie. I wish we could bring Sodalitas to you!

We will announce next year's Sodalitas as soon as we can. This year is actually an experiment to see if we can successfully do our CLSA teacher training and Sodalitas simultaneously! Jessica and I thought a lot about whether to separate them totally or stick them together, so we'll see how it goes. If it goes well, next year will be very close to the same time. If we feel Sodalitas would be better as a solo affair, the date will be in question. But we will choose the date ASAP, and we hope you will be able to get over here in 2017! We'd love to have you! But seriously, Sodalitas in Hawaii? I could do that.

Tanya

Comment

I will be happy to sacrifice some time this summer to personally train you, in Hawaii of course. No need for you to come to the mainland conference. Surely that wouldn't be a problem? We want all our customers to have personalized service.

Michelle T

Comment

Working...
                      X