Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catholic Studies Supplement --- time frame?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiannaKennedy
    started a topic Catholic Studies Supplement --- time frame?

Catholic Studies Supplement --- time frame?

I know that the MP Catholic Studies supplement was a long range project. There are some folks asking over on Facebook about the time frame. Do we have an estimated date for publication? Beta?

(don't throw tomatoes --- Some of the MP groups don't ever check the forums for current info, despite much gentle urging)

• KikaMarie
    replied
    Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
    Monica,

This is a great question, and there are a lot of Catholic folks who probably have great suggestions. I think it would be a good idea though to start a new thread with this question so that this d thread does not keep appearing and risk confusing anyone. So if you don’t mind, I’ll shoot a response into a new thread.

AMDG,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah!

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    replied
    Monica,

This is a great question, and there are a lot of Catholic folks who probably have great suggestions. I think it would be a good idea though to start a new thread with this question so that this d thread does not keep appearing and risk confusing anyone. So if you don’t mind, I’ll shoot a response into a new thread.

AMDG,
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• KikaMarie
    replied
    This isn't specific to the Catholic Studies project, but I'm looking for recommendations for saints books. My sons are 10 and 12. Our local Catholic bookstore is small and although staff would order something for me, I often can't really tell from online viewing what the best resources might be. Sometimes I hit on well-written gems, other times I don't. What recommendations do you folks have for titles / authors?

Thank you!
    Monica

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    replied
    Originally posted by jsocs View Post

Could you publish on Lulu.com? Prayers for you, and thank you for taking on this huge endeavor!
    That’s not outside the realm of possibilities, but it’s not at the top of the list of them right now either. Thanks for the prayers!

AMDG,
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• jsocs
    replied
    Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
    Well, it’s not dead, but it’s in what I would call a little bit of publishing limbo right now. The idea of trying to get a Catholic publisher to pick it up is a good one, and would be wonderful. In the absence of that, then there’s always throwing up a website and going at it myself, you know? But none of this has been a quick process, so I am not expecting this part of redirecting it to be quick either - unless God wills it, which would be thrilling and wonderful! So, if y’all don’t mind praying a bit, that’s what I am going to be doing too. Definitely will keep you posted, though!

AMDG,
    Sarah
    (writer of this crazy thing)
    Could you publish on Lulu.com? Prayers for you, and thank you for taking on this huge endeavor!

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    replied
    Well, it’s not dead, but it’s in what I would call a little bit of publishing limbo right now. The idea of trying to get a Catholic publisher to pick it up is a good one, and would be wonderful. In the absence of that, then there’s always throwing up a website and going at it myself, you know? But none of this has been a quick process, so I am not expecting this part of redirecting it to be quick either - unless God wills it, which would be thrilling and wonderful! So, if y’all don’t mind praying a bit, that’s what I am going to be doing too. Definitely will keep you posted, though!

AMDG,
    Sarah
    (writer of this crazy thing)

Leave a comment:

• breier
    replied
    That is disappointing. Is there any chance the already developed Catholic Supplement could be published by a third-party other than Memoria Press? Is the project delayed, or dead?

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Hello.

Accept our apologies that the release of the Catholic supplement has been so delayed. I’d like to offer a note of explanation here. Memoria Press was founded on ecumenical principles. C.S. Lewis’ idea of “Mere Christianity” resonated with my mother, Cheryl Lowe, and influenced the identity of our organizations. She felt we could come together as Christians in our pursuit of Classical Education, focusing on what unites us rather than what divides us.

We have been struggling with how to retain our ecumenical identity and offer our families the extra help they want with their specific catechism. Sarah Kaye, Ryan Weston, and our editing staff have worked very hard on this project, but, ultimately, we have decided not to publish these supplements. As the scope of this project grew, we realized that it would take us further and further away from “Mere Christianity.”

Thank you for your understanding, and I apologize again for the delay.

Sincerely,

Brian Lowe

Leave a comment:

• jejegreer
    replied
    I am trying to read over all of this to figure out where we are with this. Is it only grades K-2 that are coming out "soon" (which is when, exactly)? Will they have the things necessary for First Holy Communion and Confirmation? If not, when will Confirmation materials be available? My youngest will do perfectly with a grade 2 curriculum, but due to "restored" order in the Archdiocese of Denver she has to receive Confirmation at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Nerdmom
    replied
    I am indeed coming to Sodalitas. Registered today, actually.

My dear 2018 roommate inconveniently timed her new baby to interfere with 2019 Sodalitas, so I might have to come up with some alternate lodging arrangements. (Lame!!) Nevertheless, I'll be there

I like persistent. I approve. I'll be watching your blog for the update

Leave a comment:

• DiannaKennedy
    replied
    Originally posted by Nerdmom View Post

This should be on your blog somewhere, DIanna. Big letters on the top of the page Memoria's tagline is Docere, Delectare, Movere. Yours can be Passionate. Zealous. Consistent.
    I just love you! <3 Tell me you're coming to Sodalitas? Or GHC Cincy? So I can hug your neck!

And now that I'm looking at the tagline, I think we should change mine to Passionate. Zealous. PERSISTENT.

Leave a comment:

• Nerdmom
    replied
    Originally posted by rweston View Post
    I would say passionate. And zealous. And consistent. ;-)

This should be on your blog somewhere, DIanna. Big letters on the top of the page Memoria's tagline is Docere, Delectare, Movere. Yours can be Passionate. Zealous. Consistent.

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied

We are getting close!
    Those are some powerful words, worth at least another 1000 page views. Good to hear, rweston.

Leave a comment:

• DiannaKennedy
    replied

I may not have said impatient; I would say passionate. And zealous. And consistent. ;-)

One of our very best primary teachers at HLS is in the process of helping make some of the language in the Protestant supplement guides more child-friendly. We are getting close!
    You and cherylswope have a way of reminding me of reframing my words and attitude. When we were in Cincy, I said 'My home is CHAOTIC!" She said, "No, it's lively." That has stuck with me, a year later. I even have it written inside my planner as a reminder. Chaotic sounds like a mess. Lively is a whole lotta fun.

Passionate, zealous and consistent makes me sound like a ROCK STAR. I'll keep those written down, too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X