Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catholic Studies Supplement --- time frame?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rweston View Post

We are getting close!
    Those are some powerful words, worth at least another 1000 page views. Good to hear, rweston.
    2019/2020 - 2nd MP Year
    S - 5, K @ home and HLN
    D - 3, rising through minor leagues quickly
    S - 2, the master of disasters

Comment

Originally posted by rweston View Post
      I would say passionate. And zealous. And consistent. ;-)

This should be on your blog somewhere, DIanna. Big letters on the top of the page Memoria's tagline is Docere, Delectare, Movere. Yours can be Passionate. Zealous. Consistent.
      Amanda
      Mama to three crazy boys - 6A, 5A, 1

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdmom View Post

This should be on your blog somewhere, DIanna. Big letters on the top of the page Memoria's tagline is Docere, Delectare, Movere. Yours can be Passionate. Zealous. Consistent.
        I just love you! <3 Tell me you're coming to Sodalitas? Or GHC Cincy? So I can hug your neck!

And now that I'm looking at the tagline, I think we should change mine to Passionate. Zealous. PERSISTENT.
        Plans for 2019-20

DD1 - 24 - College Grad and rocking her own bakery business
        DD2 - 13 - 8A Louisville HLS Cottage School and MPOA
        DS3 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
        DS4 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
        DD5 - 7 - MP2, Louisville HLS Cottage School
        DS6 - 5 - MP K

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

Comment

I am indeed coming to Sodalitas. Registered today, actually.

My dear 2018 roommate inconveniently timed her new baby to interfere with 2019 Sodalitas, so I might have to come up with some alternate lodging arrangements. (Lame!!) Nevertheless, I'll be there

I like persistent. I approve. I'll be watching your blog for the update
          Amanda
          Mama to three crazy boys - 6A, 5A, 1

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I am trying to read over all of this to figure out where we are with this. Is it only grades K-2 that are coming out "soon" (which is when, exactly)? Will they have the things necessary for First Holy Communion and Confirmation? If not, when will Confirmation materials be available? My youngest will do perfectly with a grade 2 curriculum, but due to "restored" order in the Archdiocese of Denver she has to receive Confirmation at the same time.
            JeJe Greer
            Mom to:
            Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
            Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Comment

Hello.

Accept our apologies that the release of the Catholic supplement has been so delayed. I’d like to offer a note of explanation here. Memoria Press was founded on ecumenical principles. C.S. Lewis’ idea of “Mere Christianity” resonated with my mother, Cheryl Lowe, and influenced the identity of our organizations. She felt we could come together as Christians in our pursuit of Classical Education, focusing on what unites us rather than what divides us.

We have been struggling with how to retain our ecumenical identity and offer our families the extra help they want with their specific catechism. Sarah Kaye, Ryan Weston, and our editing staff have worked very hard on this project, but, ultimately, we have decided not to publish these supplements. As the scope of this project grew, we realized that it would take us further and further away from “Mere Christianity.”

Thank you for your understanding, and I apologize again for the delay.

Sincerely,

Brian Lowe

Comment

That is disappointing. Is there any chance the already developed Catholic Supplement could be published by a third-party other than Memoria Press? Is the project delayed, or dead?

Comment

Well, it’s not dead, but it’s in what I would call a little bit of publishing limbo right now. The idea of trying to get a Catholic publisher to pick it up is a good one, and would be wonderful. In the absence of that, then there’s always throwing up a website and going at it myself, you know? But none of this has been a quick process, so I am not expecting this part of redirecting it to be quick either - unless God wills it, which would be thrilling and wonderful! So, if y’all don’t mind praying a bit, that’s what I am going to be doing too. Definitely will keep you posted, though!

AMDG,
                  Sarah
                  (writer of this crazy thing)
                  2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
                  DD, 18, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
                  DS, 16
                  DD, 14
                  DD, 12
                  DD, 10
                  DD, 7.5
                  DD, 5.5
                  +DS+
                  DS, 18 months

Comment

Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
                    Well, it’s not dead, but it’s in what I would call a little bit of publishing limbo right now. The idea of trying to get a Catholic publisher to pick it up is a good one, and would be wonderful. In the absence of that, then there’s always throwing up a website and going at it myself, you know? But none of this has been a quick process, so I am not expecting this part of redirecting it to be quick either - unless God wills it, which would be thrilling and wonderful! So, if y’all don’t mind praying a bit, that’s what I am going to be doing too. Definitely will keep you posted, though!

AMDG,
                    Sarah
                    (writer of this crazy thing)
                    Could you publish on Lulu.com? Prayers for you, and thank you for taking on this huge endeavor!
                    Jen

DS - 2.5 - Preschool

Comment

Originally posted by jsocs View Post

Could you publish on Lulu.com? Prayers for you, and thank you for taking on this huge endeavor!
                      That’s not outside the realm of possibilities, but it’s not at the top of the list of them right now either. Thanks for the prayers!

AMDG,
                      Sarah
                      DS, 16
                      DD, 14
                      DD, 12
                      DD, 10
                      DD, 7.5
                      DD, 5.5
                      +DS+
                      DS, 18 months

Comment

This isn't specific to the Catholic Studies project, but I'm looking for recommendations for saints books. My sons are 10 and 12. Our local Catholic bookstore is small and although staff would order something for me, I often can't really tell from online viewing what the best resources might be. Sometimes I hit on well-written gems, other times I don't. What recommendations do you folks have for titles / authors?

Thank you!
                        Monica

Comment

Monica,

This is a great question, and there are a lot of Catholic folks who probably have great suggestions. I think it would be a good idea though to start a new thread with this question so that this d thread does not keep appearing and risk confusing anyone. So if you don’t mind, I’ll shoot a response into a new thread.

AMDG,
                          Sarah
                          DS, 16
                          DD, 14
                          DD, 12
                          DD, 10
                          DD, 7.5
                          DD, 5.5
                          +DS+
                          DS, 18 months

Comment

Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
                            Monica,

This is a great question, and there are a lot of Catholic folks who probably have great suggestions. I think it would be a good idea though to start a new thread with this question so that this d thread does not keep appearing and risk confusing anyone. So if you don’t mind, I’ll shoot a response into a new thread.

AMDG,
                            Sarah
                            Thanks Sarah!

Comment

Working...
                            X