Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catholic Studies Supplement --- time frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Catholic Studies Supplement --- time frame?

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
    Both of these levels are in the proofing stages. Give us a month and I hope we will at least have a small batch sent to the printer.

Paul
    Any news yet? This Mama is excited

Comment

I'm hoping to send it to the printer in the next 2 weeks. We are working on final edits. It looks great! I'll have 1st and 2nd grades to release at the same time.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
        I'm hoping to send it to the printer in the next 2 weeks. We are working on final edits. It looks great! I'll have 1st and 2nd grades to release at the same time.

Tanya
        Oh this is exciting news!
        Brit

Catholic mom to five
        2019-2020:
        Ds '01 - College freshman: Thomas Aquinas College
        Ds '03 - 10th grade: MPOA Algebra 2, and a bunch of other stuff
        Ds '06 - 8th: MP Tiner science (chemistry, physics, and astronomy), 8M lit, 8M Exploring Planet Earth, ancient history, OLVS 8 Catechism
        Dd '10 (Down syndrome) - JrK with little brother and BOB books
        Ds '15 - JrK with big sister

Comment

<3 Where should I watch for an announcement?

I know this project has been a ton of work for all of you, please know how tremendously grateful I am!

Comment

Sorry. That should be K and 1st grades ready, not 1st and 2nd! I'm tired from a late night trip home from Toledo Christian School and shouldn't be attempting this today!

Thanks for straightening me out, Sarah!

Tanya

Comment

Oh, whew. I thought maybe all of my late nights were catching up with ME and I was the one really spacing out! 😉

AMDG,
              Sarah
              2020-2021
              16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
              DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
              DS, 17
              DD, 15
              DD, 13
              DD, 11
              DD, 9
              DD, 7
              +DS+
              DS, 2

Comment

I imagine this must be close. Any update?
                Amanda - Mama to three crazy boys (7A, 6M, 2), classics major

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
                  Both of these levels are in the proofing stages. Give us a month and I hope we will at least have a small batch sent to the printer.

Paul
                  Happy New Year, Paul!

Once again, I have people asking about the Catholic Studies program. Do you have an update for me?
                  Plans for 2020-21

Year 10 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 25 - Small Business owner with a STOREFRONT
                  DD2 - 14 - 9th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA - equestrian
                  DS3 - 12 - 5A Cottage School - soccer
                  DS4 - 12 - 5A Cottage School -soccer
                  DD5 - 8 - 3A, Cottage School -equestrian and Irish dance
                  DS6 - 6 - MP K - home with Momma

Comment

Dianna,
                    I am not Paul, and I don't mean to speak for him, but I hope to ease your mind a bit anyway. The program is coming along really well, but there have been some additional decisions to be made about actually getting the books "out there." This has caused a bit longer of a delay, so please apologize to anyone who is waiting or getting antsy. Be assured that it is still coming, and that as soon as everything is finally nailed down, I will be jumping for joy to get it into peoples' hands!!!! The two levels Paul mentioned are written, and I have several more in process, so keep praying that all the other bumps in the road get smoothed out speedily!

AMDG,
                    Sarah
                    2020-2021
                    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
                    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
                    DS, 17
                    DD, 15
                    DD, 13
                    DD, 11
                    DD, 9
                    DD, 7
                    +DS+
                    DS, 2

Comment

Is there any chance this will be released before the end of February? I'm planning a small order before the free shipping promotion ends, so I'm just wondering if I should hold off to add this.

Comment

I'm sorry, but we will not have this program ready for release in Feb. At this time, I don't have a release date for you.

Tanya

Comment

No worries, thanks!

Comment

BUMP

Two quick things:

1) When are we expecting this supplement...? (I know Paul and Tanya are tired of us asking, sorry!)

2) If you read the back pages of this thread, you’ll see the startling struggle we’ve had in our home parish trying to get our special needs children catechized and the intense advocacy we’ve had to undertake to get them to First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.

Wellll... after a year of my teaching them the St Joseph’s First Holy Communion Catechism at home, we are finally ready for our older two children to be quizzed by the clergy. After weeks of back and forth, we finally have a test scheduled: TOMORROW AT 1130.

Can I ask for prayers, prayers and more prayers from y’all?! This is a BIG DEAL. We are moving to Colorado in three weeks and we really want our children to be able to take the Sacrament at our home parish before we move.

But (I fully admit!) I would also like to kind of show our priest that he was wrong about our children. I don’t know if that’s a venial sin or righteous indignation at work, so I’ll take some prayer on that as well!

Thank you!
                            Boy Wonder: 12, Seton and MP Electives (Special Needs)
                            Joy Bubble: 10, Seton and MP Electives (Special Needs)
                            Snuggly Cowboy: 8, Seton and MP Electives
                            The Comedian: 4, Seton/MP Pre-K, though she’ll probably zoom through that in a week.

“Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence.”
                            ~Pope St John Paul II

Comment

Originally posted by Anita View Post
                              BUMP

Two quick things:

1) When are we expecting this supplement...? (I know Paul and Tanya are tired of us asking, sorry!)

2) If you read the back pages of this thread, you’ll see the startling struggle we’ve had in our home parish trying to get our special needs children catechized and the intense advocacy we’ve had to undertake to get them to First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.

Wellll... after a year of my teaching them the St Joseph’s First Holy Communion Catechism at home, we are finally ready for our older two children to be quizzed by the clergy. After weeks of back and forth, we finally have a test scheduled: TOMORROW AT 1130.

Can I ask for prayers, prayers and more prayers from y’all?! This is a BIG DEAL. We are moving to Colorado in three weeks and we really want our children to be able to take the Sacrament at our home parish before we move.

But (I fully admit!) I would also like to kind of show our priest that he was wrong about our children. I don’t know if that’s a venial sin or righteous indignation at work, so I’ll take some prayer on that as well!

Thank you!
                              Prayers from up here. I just find it so completely outrageous, scandalous, that this has even been an issue for you. So I'm kinda in the camp where I really hope your kids show the priest that he needs to repent.

I was also wondering if you know what the Catholic Studies supplement will look like in a very general way- will it go across all grade levels- what types of books? Will it be with study guides and stuff like that? I'm also wondering if as eastern Catholics we'll be able to use it, or use parts of it?
                              Last edited by Girlnumber20; 03-15-2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria2 View Post
                                Prayers from up here. I just find it so completely outrageous, scandalous, that this has even been an issue for you. So I'm kinda in the camp where I really hope your kids show the priest that *he* needs to repent.
                                You’re gonna make me cry.

I’m ever so conflicted about being angry with a priest. He’s a great priest in many ways and I fully understand that our parish is small and can not accommodate everyone. BUT! ((((DANG)))) Why-oh-why have we been dismissed So. Many. Times?! I’ve remarked to my husband frequently that it feels like we did something horribly wrong and that this parish just doesn’t like us. We go to Mass, we write (lots of) checks, we are pleasant and friendly, and I’ve tried to make friends with other families. There is just no cracking that shell for us. It’s frustrating.

More than anything, though, I want Jesus to finally be able to come to my children in the Blessed Sacrament. As much as I want them to receive Him, and they want to receive Him, how could we be more desirous of this than the burning Heart of Christ?! Vindication aside, that’s what I want more than anything.
                                Boy Wonder: 12, Seton and MP Electives (Special Needs)
                                Joy Bubble: 10, Seton and MP Electives (Special Needs)
                                Snuggly Cowboy: 8, Seton and MP Electives
                                The Comedian: 4, Seton/MP Pre-K, though she’ll probably zoom through that in a week.

“Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence.”
                                ~Pope St John Paul II

Comment

Working...
                                X