Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum-friend Request: Consider Adding a Signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum-friend Request: Consider Adding a Signature?

Thank you for this thread, I wondered why I wasn't seeing mine or others signatures anymore!
    -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 16 grand babies 6 and under!
    2019-20 MP 2nd, 5A, 10th MPOA, College student. Starting 7th year using Memoria Press
    Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
      Thank you for this thread, I wondered why I wasn't seeing mine or others signatures anymore!
      Wow Amy! God bless your family...your hands...and heart are quite full. *sigh* No marriages or grandkids in sight yet. God willing, some day.
      PAX,
      Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse
      ds -24-Grad school: DeSales U. Physician's Assistant Program
      dd -21-Working and taking online courses for vet tech
      dd -12-7M along with some MPOA classes

"I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books." -C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Benedictine15 View Post
        Wow Amy! God bless your family...your hands...and heart are quite full. *sigh* No marriages or grandkids in sight yet. God willing, some day.
        Thank you Theresa! Yes very full for sure. I noticed that our kids' ages are similar, as in we are old . My first five are very close in age so I knew it would be a fury of graduations but didn't know the Lord would send spouses and babies so quickly! We tell everyone that it really is not a requirement to marry young in our family but I'm not sure they believe us! Yes Lord willing you will have that blessing soon, but feel free to enjoy this time of being able to be singly focused on your kids and their lives and school. It is a blessing and it's own challenge to be a "Mimi" and "Mama" at the same time.
        -Amy

2019-20 MP 2nd, 5A, 10th MPOA, College student. Starting 7th year using Memoria Press
        Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
          Thank you Theresa! Yes very full for sure. I noticed that our kids' ages are similar, as in we are old . My first five are very close in age so I knew it would be a fury of graduations but didn't know the Lord would send spouses and babies so quickly! We tell everyone that it really is not a requirement to marry young in our family but I'm not sure they believe us! Yes Lord willing you will have that blessing soon, but feel free to enjoy this time of being able to be singly focused on your kids and their lives and school. It is a blessing and it's own challenge to be a "Mimi" and "Mama" at the same time.
          Haha...yes..."old". I refuse to acknowledge that as long as I still have one at home that is school age LOL!

It is a blessing when they are called early to marriage, imho.

I, for one, can't imagine juggling both so you are being showered with graces. Many blessings.
          PAX,
          Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse

"I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books." -C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Benedictine15 View Post
            Haha...yes..."old". I refuse to acknowledge that as long as I still have one at home that is school age LOL!

It is a blessing when they are called early to marriage, imho.

I, for one, can't imagine juggling both so you are being showered with graces. Many blessings.
            Thank you!!
            -Amy

Comment

Hi friends! I have been insanely busy, but Jessica's request reminds me that I need to update my sig for our "birthday season" and other random good news.

I'm testing it below.

Another bit of news, but doesn't belong in a sig line: I am soon to no longer be Jen in Japan. Hubs has accepted a job in Washington DC and the move will take place in the summer. Now Jessica, do you know how to alter my user NAME? Last time I tried, I was flummoxed.

Jen
              DS, 26 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace), recently completed the design and execution of unhackable military software... in his spare time.

DS, 24 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 21 yrs, Senior in Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC

DS, 11 yrs, 6M: complete!

All homeschooled.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen in Japan View Post
                Hi friends! I have been insanely busy, but Jessica's request reminds me that I need to update my sig for our "birthday season" and other random good news.

I'm testing it below.

Another bit of news, but doesn't belong in a sig line: I am soon to no longer be Jen in Japan. Hubs has accepted a job in Washington DC and the move will take place in the summer. Now Jessica, do you know how to alter my user NAME? Last time I tried, I was flummoxed.

Jen
                I seriously have been wondering "where is Jen in Japan?" Glad to see you!!
                Christine

(2019/2020)
                DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
                DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
                DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
                DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
                DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
                DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

I'm testing it below.

Jen
                  I'd like to know this too, but haven't been able to figure it out!
                  Congrats on the move to DC - I've always thought that would be a great place to homeschool with all the free museums around!

Comment

Great question, Jen soon-to-be-not-in-Japan! We'll have to let one if the Super Moderators answer that.

Congratulations on the big move, new job, and college plans!
                    Festina lentē,
                    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
                    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
                    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
                    D · 8th
                    D · 5th
                    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

I'm testing it below.

Jen
                      I'm not Jessica, but I wanted to let you know that the forum won't let you change your username. An administrator can change it for you, though. Just send a PM to Paul with what you would like your new username to be and he can change it for you. Welcome back to the US!
                      Michael
                      Memoria Press

Comment

Yay, soon-to-be-Jen-in-Virginia! Hooray!

I am projecting that we can finally meet IRL! Congrats on the new CathU student!

Safe travels
                        AMDG,
                        Sarah
                        2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
                        DD, 18, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
                        DS, 16
                        DD, 14
                        DD, 12
                        DD, 10
                        DD, 7.5
                        DD, 5.5
                        +DS+
                        DS, 18 months

Comment

I'm testing it below.

Jen
                          Welcome back, Jen and family!

Congrats!!
                          Katie

2019/20 6th year with MP
                          DS 15: 10th, MPOA: Latin & HS Comp II
                          DD 12: 7th, MPOA: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Chreia/Maxim & Ref/Con
                          DD 9: 4th using 3A
                          Twin DD's 7: 1st

Comment

Ha, ha.. you guys make it seem like we can disaparate to the USA. Wouldn't THAT be nice!

Naww... the "stuff" takes 12 weeks by sea. We will probably leave here in late June so we can wrap up the graduating Senior's school year. Then begins a long tedious process of living in the parents' spare room(s) for many, many weeks, with lots of visiting of other relatives to spread out the pain (but usually floor sleeping). I tell you... moving is for the young.

Yes, DD accepted CUA just a few weeks ago. I am so thrilled for her! She wants to be part of the March for Life every year along with getting a good education. She had her choices down to 3 very substantial Catholic schools, but opted for CUA. We are psyched over here.

Thanks for the nice warm wishes! I may be sporadic with my posts over the remainder of the spring and summer. In the meantime, I shall consider my options for a new user name. I have been in Japan since 2005. *Maybe* a location-based user name isn't my best choice?!

Jen
                            DS, 26 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace), recently completed the design and execution of unhackable military software... in his spare time.

DS, 24 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 21 yrs, Senior in Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC

DS, 11 yrs, 6M: complete!

All homeschooled.

Comment

Testing out my sig. I had never bothered to change any of my settings before (like sig or pm's). Just too lazy I guess. Thanks for the push.
                              Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
                              DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
                              DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
                              DS, 21, chemistry major
                              DS, 18, Physics major
                              DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
                              DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
                              DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

Originally posted by momgineer View Post
                                Testing out my sig. I had never bothered to change any of my settings before (like sig or pm's). Just too lazy I guess. Thanks for the push.
                                Yay Debbie! Nice to meet you and the family ! Seems the science/math genes are being passed on LOL!
                                PAX,
                                Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse

Comment

Working...
                                X