Are the DVD's for CC necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the DVD's for CC necessary?

Just doing a little planning for when I purchase our cores and I wonder if the Fable DVD will come in handy? I didn't see it included in the core. Have you found it useful for Fable or do you think teaching Fable is easy without the DVD's? Thanks for your insights.
    Joyfully, Courtney
    DS14, DS12, DS11, DD9

Re: Are the DVD's for CC necessary?

We have the DVDs for fable and narrative. I am very greatful for these as composition is not my cup of tea and I don't really enjoy teaching it. However, once in the the routine of the program, each lesson is the same format. The teachers manuals do a great job explaining step by step, so I am sure DVDs aren't a necessity per say..It just makes my life easier..and I am all about easy with this crazy year we've had! He doesn't always watch them. Just when he may get a little stuck or need a refresher. I do like to periodically watch with my son so I can be sure I am understanding as well (he often gets it much quicker than I do!) and it helps me with grading or knowing what to expect.
    Katie

2020/21: 7th year with MP
    DS 16: 11th, MPOA Euro Hist I, CS III, Divine Comedy; Schole Geometry, Spanish; Catholic Social Teaching, A & P
    DD 13: 9th, MPOA Diploma Program; Catholic Social Teaching, VT Alg. 1
    DD 9: MP 5, Seton Religion and Spelling, MPOA: FF Latin, Fable
    Twin DD's 7: MP 2, Seton Religion and Phonics

Comment

I'm glad to hear that the DVDs are really good (seriously, though, it's MP - I'm SURE they're good!). After much deliberation, I bought the Fable DVD when I ordered my cores because I'll have a Kindergartner next year and I was afraid that my world would turn upside down (and then bit my nails wondering if I'd just wasted $45 on something I may not need). *LOL* It will be nice to let the Bigs watch the DVD on days when I'm up to my ears with my Little, or when life throws other curve balls.
      Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
      DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
      DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

I've found the DVD for Fable to be worth every penny. I love the ease of popping it in and knowing that I haven't missed an aspect of the lesson. It's been a big confidence booster for me with the CC curriculum. I felt intimidated about starting Fable, but Brett Vaden makes it very straightforward with his approach.
        DD 13 - MP 8

Comment

I figured they were great! Thanks for the replies. I am very familiar with life's interruptions and it will be nice to have the teaching support of the DVD's.
          Joyfully, Courtney
          DS14, DS12, DS11, DD9

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerJoy View Post
            I figured they were great! Thanks for the replies. I am very familiar with life's interruptions and it will be nice to have the teaching support of the DVD's.
            Composition is one of those subjects that we 'farm out', but if we weren't at the Cottage School, I'd buy the DVDs without a doubt.
            Plans for 2020-21

Year 10 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 25 - Small Business owner with a STOREFRONT
            DD2 - 14 - 9th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA - equestrian
            DS3 - 12 - 5A Cottage School - soccer
            DS4 - 12 - 5A Cottage School -soccer
            DD5 - 8 - 3A, Cottage School -equestrian and Irish dance
            DS6 - 6 - MP K - home with Momma

Comment

Working...
            X