Teacher Training/Sodalitas Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teacher Training/Sodalitas Gathering

Forgive me if these questions have been asked..

After missing last year, I am excited to make the journey this year. My husband may join too. Wondering if there will be reduced registration based on curriculum order like the previous year?

Also, I am torn between the two options. The teacher training was packed full of such great info, I would love a refresher. However, the gathering seems so lovely! Is it possible to split the two and just go to the tracts of the training I am most interested? Or does that seem silly? I am condsidering the Latin intensive the day before, also.

Suggestions?

Thank you!
    Katie

DS 17: Senior!
    DD 14: 10th
    DD 10: 6th
    Twin DD's 8: 3rd
    Mix of MP, Co-op, TAN and traveling the U.S

Re: Teacher Training/Sodalitas Gathering

Hi, Katie.

When you sign up for Sodalitas, you won't have to choose tracks. And all the Sodalitas attendees will have the option of sitting in on all the tracks we are offering to schools. So you can come and go between each conference. Sodalitas will be your home base, but if you want to spend a morning in the 5th grade classroom or an afternoon in Classical Composition, that would be fine. We will have a full schedule available to you, so you can pick and choose.

I highly recommend the pre-conference Latin workshops. You will come out of there with a foundation for Latin grammar that will help you for years. You don't have to memorize the vocabulary or the grammar forms with your children, but you need to understand them. You need to know how the language works, and then you will be unstoppable as a Latin teacher!

Tanya

Comment

Katie,
      I heartily recommend the pre-conference Latin workshops! I went in shaking in my boots about First Form and came out eager and prepared, all in one day, thanks to Mrs. Magione. Plus, it's a bonus day to be with other MP teachers and parents from all over the country and get a jumpstart on new friendships.
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
      DS Hillsdale College freshman
      DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
      DD 8th • HLN & Home
      DS 5th • HLN & Home
      Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
      Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

You both have convinced me it's a must. Thank you! I have been a bad Latin student this year. Thank goodness my son gets it. My daughter is coming up behind him next year so this will be very helpful. She has an elephant memory but we struggle with grammar forms and translation.

Looking forward to July!
        Katie

DS 17: Senior!
        DD 14: 10th
        DD 10: 6th
        Twin DD's 8: 3rd
        Mix of MP, Co-op, TAN and traveling the U.S

Comment

Is this new, or am I behind the times? I spy registration on the homepage!!

I can't register until early Spring because the military has to make up its mind about where we are going next, and even then DH will have to settle into his new job to see if he will be able to take vacation time, but the idea of getting back to see everyone is very exciting.

Mary, in the meantime I am working on making my beauty routine even more streamlined.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
          Jodi
          ~~~~~~~
          2019-20 School Year:
          Ethan (7A)
          Matthew (5A)
          Silas (1st)
          Eleanor (4yo dabbling in PK as time allows)
          Andrew (brand new as of Oct 2019)

Comment

Originally posted by JodiSue View Post

Mary, in the meantime I am working on making my beauty routine even more streamlined.
            Me, too! Do you think we can beat our previous record of 15 minutes (combined) for dressing, beauty routine, beds made and out the door? I'll start timing myself to see if I can pare that down. Dear husband will not find that odd in the least.
            Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
            DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
            DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Just save me a spot at your guys' breakfast table - if I get to come! Still love the memory of that sweet, sweet baby!

AMDG,
              Sarah
              2020-2021
              16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
              DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
              DS, 17
              DD, 15
              DD, 13
              DD, 11
              DD, 9
              DD, 7
              +DS+
              DS, 2

Comment

Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
                Just save me a spot at your guys' breakfast table - if I get to come! Still love the memory of that sweet, sweet baby!
                You mean all you remember is the adorable baby and not how gorgeous we were despite our bare bones beauty routines? *cracks up laughing*
                Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Mary,
                  Are you all safe down there? I can't remember who else is in TX, but know you are. Praying safety and protection for your family tonight.
                  Hugs from TN,
                  Festina lentē,
                  Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
                  DS Hillsdale College freshman
                  DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
                  DD 8th • HLN & Home
                  DS 5th • HLN & Home
                  Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
                  Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Originally posted by OrthodoxHandmaiden View Post
                    Me, too! Do you think we can beat our previous record of 15 minutes (combined) for dressing, beauty routine, beds made and out the door? I'll start timing myself to see if I can pare that down. Dear husband will not find that odd in the least.
                    Hmmm...it probably depends on how many modern Western hygienic conventions we're willing to forgo. Beds, on the other hand...housekeeping will take care of that. So practice not making your bed at home.
                    Jodi
                    ~~~~~~~
                    2019-20 School Year:
                    Ethan (7A)
                    Matthew (5A)
                    Silas (1st)
                    Eleanor (4yo dabbling in PK as time allows)
                    Andrew (brand new as of Oct 2019)

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
                      Mary,
                      Are you all safe down there? I can't remember who else is in TX, but know you are. Praying safety and protection for your family tonight.
                      Hugs from TN,
                      We have been in and out of the safe room since dd11 and I raced the storm home from vespers at around 6pm. Thank God, we're fine. Most of our outdoor Christmas decorations are long gone, as are our teak deck chairs (read: heavy!) and some of our shingles (we have buckets in the girls' rooms catching raindrops!); however, we are totally fine. If you look at the tornado map from tonight, we had 2 on either side of our tiny town, but nothing hit us directly. Thanks be to God!

Originally posted by JodiSue View Post
                      Hmmm...it probably depends on how many modern Western hygienic conventions we're willing to forgo. Beds, on the other hand...housekeeping will take care of that. So practice not making your bed at home.
                      I didn't know housekeeping would make up my couch bed each day! I could have saved 45 seconds of folding each morning! *LOL*
                      New and improved beauty routine: shower, deodorant, dressed, shake head wildly to dry curls, out the door. (Toothbrush in purse to maintain oral health after breakfast - easily done in public restroom just outside breakfast nook.)
                      Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

I was thinking of you Mary when my husband told me about the tornado...I am glad to hear you are all okay...Sorry about the shingles and deck chairs 😔
                        Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
                        DS -21 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
                        DS -17 (9/04) (SN)
                        DS -15 (7/06)

Comment

Originally posted by The Autumn Oak View Post
                          I was thinking of you Mary when my husband told me about the tornado...I am glad to hear you are all okay...Sorry about the shingles and deck chairs
                          Meh, it's just stuff. On a funnier (not really, but there's little choice but to laugh), there are 5 massive leaks in dd11's ceiling. They're all emanating from the area where we lost the shingles and part of the roof went. The ceiling is literally peeling away and we have buckets, wastebaskets and an 8-cup measuring bowl catching the water. Since it's been raining about 9 inches per hour, we're emptying those things as fast as they're filling up. The little one is now sick and I realized I'm out of bone broth, so I tried to get in the car to go to the store. There are 2 trees and a power line across one road out and the other road is completely flooded. We weren't able to go to church because of flooding in that area; however, I thought I'd get lucky going to the store because it's closer.

It is a perfect day to just sit inside, cuddle up and watch "The Christmas Oranges"...and be thankful that we at least still have a roof over our heads, no matter how leaky it may be.
                          Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Originally posted by OrthodoxHandmaiden View Post
                            Meh, it's just stuff. On a funnier (not really, but there's little choice but to laugh), there are 5 massive leaks in dd11's ceiling. They're all emanating from the area where we lost the shingles and part of the roof went. The ceiling is literally peeling away and we have buckets, wastebaskets and an 8-cup measuring bowl catching the water. Since it's been raining about 9 inches per hour, we're emptying those things as fast as they're filling up. The little one is now sick and I realized I'm out of bone broth, so I tried to get in the car to go to the store. There are 2 trees and a power line across one road out and the other road is completely flooded. We weren't able to go to church because of flooding in that area; however, I thought I'd get lucky going to the store because it's closer.

It is a perfect day to just sit inside, cuddle up and watch "The Christmas Oranges"...and be thankful that we at least still have a roof over our heads, no matter how leaky it may be.
                            Sounds a little intense! Thankful you have electricity too.
                            -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
                            2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
                            Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
                              Sounds a little intense! Thankful you have electricity too.
                              Yes! It's been on and off since last night, but that just adds interest...and is a logical time for a snack break. At this rate, I'm going to gain several pounds. *LOL*

Related to this, dear husband and I are toggling between my new Fr. Shall book and his Modules for Manhood, vol. I. In the portion of the MfM book I'm reading now, the author talks about gratitude. He is very adamant about being thankful for what we have and reminding ourselves when we begin to complain that we should get down on our knees and thank God for just waking up each morning...and that anyone who has a roof over his head and a steady paycheck, no matter how small, is envied by most of the rest of the world...and that to complain about such trivialities as being inconvenienced, being disappointed or not being able to follow our own agenda is akin to someone being gifted a castle only to complain about a bit of mildew in the bathroom. Those words have been so helpful this weekend. As we all work to keep the buckets from overflowing I am constantly reminded that I only have a leak because I'm lucky enough to have a roof.
                              Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Working...
                              X