Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMoMA: do I need the flashcards? are they better than memorizing the Facts to Know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMoMA: do I need the flashcards? are they better than memorizing the Facts to Know?

I have everything for teaching FMoMA except the cards (which I honestly believe we own, I just can't put my hands on them). Would memorizing the Facts to Know be as good as getting a second copy of the cards to work from, from the MP didactic point of view?

(thanks in advance!)
    Ana, mama to
    ds A, 14 yo
    ds N, 9 yo

Re: FMoMA: do I need the flashcards? are they better than memorizing the Facts to Kn

It is fine to just memorize the facts to know. There might be flashcards for FMoMA on Quizlet too!

Michelle T

Comment

Re: FMoMA: do I need the flashcards? are they better than memorizing the Facts to Kn

Originally posted by Michelle T View Post
      It is fine to just memorize the facts to know. There might be flashcards for FMoMA on Quizlet too!

Michelle T
      Thanks, Michelle! I'd not even thought to look at Quizlet!!
      Ana, mama to
      ds A, 14 yo
      ds N, 9 yo

Comment

You are welcome! My daughter is going through FMoMA. We have the cards but sometimes she does Quizlet just for something different.

Michelle T

Comment

Hello.

The cards come directly from the drill questions in the back of the study guide. Use that list for your drill. The Facts to Know include some random names that give context to the story each week, but they may not be necessary for student retention. The drill questions in the back of the study guide are the facts we feel would benefit students most in their future studies.

Tanya

Comment

Tanya, thank you so much for taking time to explain that. I'm glad to have a source of the most-important information w/o needing to purchase [more] cards: I'll focus on the facts for drilling.

thank you again!
            Ana, mama to
            ds A, 14 yo
            ds N, 9 yo

Comment

Working...
            X