Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are Famous Men of Middle Ages "Introduction" sections ever assigned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are Famous Men of Middle Ages "Introduction" sections ever assigned?

I have the FMoMA set, and the 5A Curriculum Manual, and am not seeing that the Introduction sections are assigned in the lessons, although there are workbook pages for them. Does MP not schedule this material at all?

not a big deal -- but I was wondering.
    Ana, mama to
    ds A, 14 yo
    ds N, 9 yo

Re: are Famous Men of Middle Ages "Introduction" sections ever assigned?

Ana,
    If I remember correctly, they are to be read over but because the FMMA study is so long you can't spend much time on them. I think you also skip a lesson or two at the end of the text. There's just too much goodness in there for one year!
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2020-2021
    11th year HSing · 9th year MP
    @ Home, HLN, & Latin online
    11th, 9th, 6th, 3rd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
      Ana,
      If I remember correctly, they are to be read over but because the FMMA study is so long you can't spend much time on them. I think you also skip a lesson or two at the end of the text. There's just too much goodness in there for one year!
      oh, thanks so much! I'm glad to know this so I can plan ahead.
      Ana, mama to
      ds A, 14 yo
      ds N, 9 yo

Comment

We do skip these introductory lessons on Norse mythology because, as Jessica said, the course is too long. And our students spend so much time on Greek mythology that we feel we can skip Norse mythology. But feel free to let your students read them on their own. They are fun stories!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
          We do skip these introductory lessons on Norse mythology because, as Jessica said, the course is too long. And our students spend so much time on Greek mythology that we feel we can skip Norse mythology. But feel free to let your students read them on their own. They are fun stories!

Tanya
          Tanya, that makes sense. I was kind of thrilled to see them, I must admit, b/c I've been wanting to boost our Norse mythology knowledge (which is minimal). My child did notice the way the Norse names sounded like names from The Hobbit & since Tolkien's work is one major factor in my desire for Norse-knowledge, I was happy to see that. I think I'll do more exposure with reading aloud from the D'Aulaire's Norse myths book and Padraic Colum's "Children of Odin" (mentioning these in case anyone else is interested).

I am so glad to have these MP resources! Thank you for your work & your forum help.

ETA -- in my original post, I referenced Jennie Hall's Viking Tales instead of the Children of Odin book -- the Viking Tales are a great intro to Norse history for the young, but the Children of Odin is what I was thinking of for mythology.
          Last edited by serendipitous journey; 11-18-2015, 10:19 AM.
          Ana, mama to
          ds A, 14 yo
          ds N, 9 yo

Comment

Working...
          X