Laminating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laminating

Do you all laminate much? I used to laminate everything (10 years ago when I only had 2 children, LOL) and am wondering if I should be laminating things like the Art Cards, Latin Cards, etc. Now that I have more kids (and am older and tireder, LOL), I'm wondering if it's worth it. Part of me thinks it would just be easier to buy new cards if they get ruined
    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
    ds 25, graduated
    dd 11th Grade
    dd 8th Grade
    ds 6th Grade

Re: Laminating

I have a laminator, but have not laminated the art cards or flash cards...I think they are okay as they are...
    Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
    DS -21 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
    DS -17 (9/04) (SN)
    DS -15 (7/06)

Comment

The art cards, Latin flash cards, classical studies cards and new phonogram cards are a nice sturdy material that should last several years without laminating. I did not laminate them!

Blessings,
      Michelle T

Comment

I have a laminator, too, and I have not laminated the art cards. I found 1" 3-ring binders that are about 9" x 7" with sheet protectors that are just a little bit bigger than the art cards. I have each grade in a separate binder and it is working very well for us!
        "Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." - W.B. Yeats

Educating with MP from Day One!
        Currently using 2nd, K, and SC1

Comment

Thank you all :-) I laminated the desk charts for Greek and Latin, but think I will pass on the flashcards.
          Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
          ds 25, graduated
          dd 11th Grade
          dd 8th Grade
          ds 6th Grade

Comment

I did laminate the art cards, but not cards for Latin, FMoMA, or Greek Myths. The student using it makes a difference in my choice
            Christina

Comment

I laminated the art cards and the wall maps from CS I and FMoR. The Latin cards, as well as the cards from FMoR, I punched holes in them and put them on a binder ring. After the toddler pulled one or two off the ring, I added those reinforcement hole stickers and they seem to be working well.
              Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
              DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
              DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
              DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
              DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
              DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

I have laminated the art cards, but mainly because we review them at the dinner table and the kids pass them all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle Barrett View Post
                  I have laminated the art cards, but mainly because we review them at the dinner table and the kids pass them all around.
                  I can definitely see the advantage there! I'm still thinking about laminating the art cards, because they are floppier due to their size.

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post
                  I laminated the art cards and the wall maps from CS I and FMoR. The Latin cards, as well as the cards from FMoR, I punched holes in them and put them on a binder ring. After the toddler pulled one or two off the ring, I added those reinforcement hole stickers and they seem to be working well.
                  It's good to know that I'm not alone if I decide to have a laminating party this weekend ;-)

Originally posted by happyhappyjoyjoy View Post
                  I did laminate the art cards, but not cards for Latin, FMoMA, or Greek Myths. The student using it makes a difference in my choice
                  I didn't even realize that there were cards for Greek Myths...now I have to go shopping, LOL. I agree, the student does make a difference! My oldest daughter won't be hard on them, but my youngest daughter...;-)
                  Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
                  ds 25, graduated
                  dd 11th Grade
                  dd 8th Grade
                  ds 6th Grade

Comment

Working...
                  X