Block schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block schedule

For those following the 3A or 5M and up MP as scheduled, how long does it take for your child to finish the Christian and Classical studies each day? (From Facts to Know, Vocabulary, reading the text, writing down answers to the comprehension questions and Activity all in one day.)

TIA
    Nieva, blessed to have such thoughtful MP friends

2021-2022: 8th year homeschooling and with MP
    DS14, 9th~ MPOA Latin, Kolbe Academy Freshman
    DS13, 8th~ MPOA except math and composition
    DS11, 6th~ MPOA except math and composition
    DS 7, 2nd~ MP w/ Mom

Stay with me, Lord, for You are my light, and without You, I am in darkness. ~St. Pio

Re: Block schedule

Minus the activity (we don't usually get to those!) I'd say 30 mins to an hour depending on the length of the reading. I have my student do some of it on their own if possible. This is more towards the end of 3A rather than the beginning. Gradually I assign the reading, vocab, and facts to know to be done independently and comp questions with me. I do a speed-review of the things done independently and then we dive into the comp questions. Oh, and I make sure they have the map work done. That sometimes gets overlooked and can be trouble come Unit Test time.

HTH!
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
    12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN
    10th • HLN, Latin online
    7th • HLN & Home
    4th • HLN & Home
    Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

We don't usually get to the Activity section either. With map work, typically 45-60 minutes.
      DD 14 - MP 9

Comment

Thank you! You guys are my inspiration. Maybe towards the end of 3rd grade that will happen. So far it's 2 days, 45 minutes a day.
        Nieva, blessed to have such thoughtful MP friends

2021-2022: 8th year homeschooling and with MP
        DS14, 9th~ MPOA Latin, Kolbe Academy Freshman
        DS13, 8th~ MPOA except math and composition
        DS11, 6th~ MPOA except math and composition
        DS 7, 2nd~ MP w/ Mom

Stay with me, Lord, for You are my light, and without You, I am in darkness. ~St. Pio

Comment

Hello.

At HLS, we have 1 1/2 hrs. for a lesson in each of these subjects. That includes time to review all the drill questions. We didn't always get to the enrichment activities either. I usually let the students go back and pick one to do on a test day.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
          X